Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Bodywork..The love-hate relationship
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bodywork..The love-hate relationship
 Login/Join

Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom McGinnity:
On Cape Cod

I have this photo as the screen saver on my phone.

Thanks Tom,
Mike

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Z11Weaver
posted Hide Post
Tom,

THANK YOU!!!

Cheers

Posts: 1416 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 02 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Z11Weaver
posted Hide Post
Tom,

I have to ask...Where in the world did you find your Neon Camaro sign??? Ive been looking forever and have never seen another like it. Way to cool!!!

Posts: 1416 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 02 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Had it made years ago.. Theres an age old company here in Boston called Neon Williams.. They don't even have a website.. I brought the fender emblem to him and he bent the tubing to match! He even gave me the blueprint incase I needed another.. Then he had spare white tubes from a big Boston bank that was redone and bla bla bla.. He's awesome and repairs ALL the neon around here even the Bar Rooms and beer company stuff. When I sold my red car I simply took the letters off the wall and went to him and explained I now have a white with blue car.. he drained whatever gas was in it, installed Argon with a pellet of Mercury and sent me on my way.. I went home and plug it in.. BAM.. from red to blue for 100 bucks Big Grin

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13401 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Z11Weaver
posted Hide Post
Would he do another and how much?

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
who knows.. call and ask.. I had this one made about 11 years ago and I'll guess I paid 250 for all of it? Cheers with transformers and stands etc... Tell him or his wife about me and see if he remembers.. then tell him I still have the " bend template " and can get it to him to do yours.. good luck and let me know...

I had the blue done just last year.. He may remember that best Wink

Posts: 13401 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<don961>
posted
Tom what's up with that gas cap?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
This is my C-1 coded car. I also have car #78. When I put this car together my idea was to have a Pacer I could drive a little.. When I took the plunge to install flagpoles ( shock value or whatever reason drives all-any of the guys that do this ) I thought to make the car even more unique I would add some other stuff as well.. ( nothing that can't be removed easily so no harm no foul I suppose). So I installed an NOS locking gas cap just like car 92 has, I installed a legit 1967 trailer hitch and break out harness ( thanks BOB!) as a nod to the cars that trailered during the Festival Parade. I added a dealer installed tissue dispenser to the passengers compartment because it matches the steering wheel blue bowtie horn button perfectly. I also installed the front plate that Tony remade that is found on a few of the cars in vintage pictures as well...The compass I just love so that made the list as well. Wink

Its a fun car and sort of a rolling museum to all the little idiosycrasies associated with all that these cars did back then checkered flag

<Larry C Weaver>
posted
Dont forget the flux capacitor !! racer Big Grin

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I have that thing stuck to the side of my memorabilia case now checkered flag

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Bumping this to the top for Sappys resto guy to find

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Joe Van Horn stuff Eeker.. Thank the Lord for eBay and favorite searches!

Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
Cool, very cool!!!

Here's one for ya'! This is from the dealership on my red cars.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: L181A L35,

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
In my battle to figure out if my car had front bumper guards one of the original owners came up with this shot from July 1989

Big Grin racer

I love filling the folder on this car!

PDF DocSKMBT_C28011082409400.pdf (56 Kb, 206 downloads)

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Can any of you guys with front bumper guards help me out and let me know if these holes are in the correct position for factory large front bumper guards?