Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Bodywork..The love-hate relationship
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 25
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bodywork..The love-hate relationship
 Login/Join

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Hey Tom,
I am assuming those are original Redlines on your Pacer and not repro's! Wink

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I sent samples ( Weave, Steve etc) to Heartbeat City with instructions to match the carpet to any year that fits best. I requested that they tell me the color which of course they did not.. I called and of course they could not remember. The box is the most indescript box I have ever seen. No part #, manufacturer, no country of origin..NOTHIN'
I gave up on them. But I am keeping all the trimmings and will mail samples to anyone who would like one.. Thats the best I can do

The tires are repro's... I'm driving this car for real.. The car is a four speed and has a nice tight posi... I doubt this rubber will last long Wink 2009 IPC

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Larry C Weaver>
posted
Send me a sample dude! Big Grin

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom McGinnity:
The funny/stupid part is that with the kit they give you the chrome trim but the center bar goes right across the chrome disk which of course is rediculous.. So because I could not take the disk out, I cut and tweaked the center bar to fit under the disc.. incorrect but nice and neat for a driver. Will keep an eye out for the correct brake pedal pad Wink

Funny! When I got my car it just had the disc emblem and no trim. I bought the trim and did something similar. The disc would pop out of mine, so I cut notches in it so it would fit over the trim. The Paddock is about a 40 min. drive from me. Was out there one day and got a new plain pad for like around $5 I think. Swapped the trim onto it and stuck in on, Picture on the owners page shows the old one before I corrected it. Another thing is I beleive they have manual pedal pad kits and it comes with both disc. emblem and plain brake pads.

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
And next time I'm getting redline radials, Bias plys suck for a driver. Was going up to Auburn and the back tires were bald and couldn't afford all four the last time.

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Tom ,Where did you get the dated glass from ?

Posts: 443 | Location: Whitehall, Pa | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Larry C Weaver>
posted
I bought Coker redlines for mine about 6 years ago.BEST DAMN THING I DID TO THE CAR!!!!!Drives great and have lasted twice as long,so far! racer

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Tommy!

Whatcha goin to tow....or is that hitch just for looks?

Posts: 9137 | Location: Ventura, Ca. | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whatcha goin to tow....or is that hitch just for looks?

Never mind! I missed your comment on the other page....
I too would like a sample of that carpet!!!!

And finally!

It's hard to imagine that this bitch is going to be a driver.... I can't imaine how #78 will turn out!

Posts: 9137 | Location: Ventura, Ca. | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
Another thing I noticed. My car did not have the black plastic cover over the firewall sound deadener in the pedal/steering column area. I bought one years ago and discovered there wasn't even a mounting hole in the firewall for the left side attachment point. Have always wondered about when they started putting those in/was there an earlier version without that hole, etc. etc?
Do all you guys cars have that cover?

P.S. The Paddock has that brake pedal pad for $3.95. But now you gotta buy the trim tooWink

Mike L.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Dude! your full of great tidbits.. keep them coming! Ok get this: I buy the cover because mines missing...I cannot see any holes in the firewall pad as a guide so I go to the outside firewall and right inside the cove that holds the cage nut for the middle subframe mount is a screw hole...lines up perfect with the cover..( left side near dimmer switch ). Funny thing is, the right side hole in the cover matches up perfectly with one of the rubber inserts that holds the firewall pad..I'm perplexed but rationalize that the guys that owned the car previously must have put that plug in ( some where missing...plenty on monkey business under this dash ).. I literally screwed the screw right into the rubber plug and it worked fine.. BUT in hindsight I had to really thread the left side into the existing hole as if no screw had ever been threaded through confused Cheers

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
Yeah I'm still not sure if it even is supposed to have one. I didn't do anything to mount on the left side, but I had to do something like you did on the right. I assumed that the rubber plug held both the pad and cover but when I tried to pull the rubber plug out it ripped in half! I have a machine screw go thru the ripped plug with a nut on the other side in the engine compartment. One of many little incorrect details on my old clunker.

Mike L.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Tony.. all sho-no tow roll

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Cokers are the better choice.. but I scored these on the cheap like 8 years ago.. time to smoke em' down Wink

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I will. I double checked the box..Zippo, as a matter of fact they pulled the lable off before shipping it.. whacky & weird

The carpet fit real decent by the way... lots of oversize so lots of trimming but worth it