Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    0-1 Paint Research conclusion
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

0-1 Paint Research conclusion
 Login/Join

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
great example here,,probably what they were thinking when they named it...Kings & Queens and what-not

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13405 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I think its cool to know the origins of our favorite color Eeker
I suspect each black dot within the white area is the black tail tip.. thats a lot of the poor buggers killed for each coat Frowner

Posts: 13405 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Ok where is the pet shop??

I need a pet Ermine... Cheers

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
I thought the green bud thread was listed somewhere else!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Razzer yea haha us flag

Posts: 9137 | Location: Ventura, Ca. | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Tony
Who's got all the green bud ?
Wait!
I think it's the Jack of spades
No, Its the Queen of hearts!
Uh Oh! here comes another deal! Big Grin

Posts: 871 | Location: Port Orchard Wa. | Registered: 18 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Big News!!

The 03-C 0-1 Car owned by member John Clinton will be on display under the tent at the Len Imkie Arthritis benifit car show this weekend Cheers

Notabily John's Trunk lid was used in the paint research and was key in making the "Enamel in 03-C" connection.

For those of you who could not make it to the GM nationals to see the door from 708 - please come to the show this weekend and see another example of 03-C "0" Enamel.

John's car will be under the tent. Ask him to see the underside of the trunk lid Cheers

http://www.arthritisautoshow.com/

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
I hope someone can post up some photos of John Clinton's car on the boards. I was hoping to attent this show, but got scheduled to work on saturday. Frowner Does it have fresh O-1 paint?
Andy V

Posts: 540 | Location: Southeast Ohio | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Here is John's car at the Arthritis show. It still has the second repaint that He and his Father did in the '70's Big Grin

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
As a note, again here is the now famous wagon photo with the darker looking white.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
And here is the same photo effect this time with two 500 Festival Parade cars, again the car in the background appears darker.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Phil, The Bonanaza Boys foto is TOUGH to deny..Great little point there bro. duh

2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
quote:
And here is the same photo effect this time with two 500 Festival Parade cars, again the car in the background appears darker.

Could the car Little Joe (Micheal Landon) is riding in be Mike Lakins C-1?

Posts: 2961 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
I think that the sunlight is playing a role in the Bonanza boys photo. If you cover the brightly lit hood area of the Dan Blocker car, then the fenders appear more the same shade. Also, look at the quarters. They look the same as there is no other angled surface of white to fool the eye. Ayiyi... I'm sounding like a color researcher! Maybe I'm getting educated by reading all these posts? Andy V

Posts: 540 | Location: Southeast Ohio | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Even if both the C-1 and the O-1 whites were the ermine white, the special treatment provided for the 0-1 could certainly make one color reflect the light differently enough to photograph lighter or darker.

I still think the wagon in the first photo is not ermine white.

Posts: 2961 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Could the car Little Joe (Micheal Landon) is riding in be Mike Lakins C-1?

If I remember right, he was in # 4

Posts: 9137 | Location: Ventura, Ca. | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post