Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    0-1 Paint Research conclusion
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

0-1 Paint Research conclusion
 Login/Join

2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
If it wouldn't be asking too much, and it is possible, could one of those 03C trunk lids be brought to the Carlilse event? I have never seen the enamel on one of these cars, and probably others here haven't either. Would be nice to see what all this discussion has been about.

Posts: 2961 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I was just at my O-1.. here is a simular shot to my C-1 for comparo.
If you look closely you can see test dots from years past bright white comparisons of one kind or another. Point being. The windshield pillar looks just like the C-1 to me

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13401 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
C-1 again for close comparison

Posts: 13401 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Stop by the tent at the GM nationals and see 03-C Enamel. I am bringing the door pictured here. I will have a can of lacquer thinner on hand for some comparisons too. Cheers

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<RickDawn67>
posted
quote:
I will have a can of lacquer thinner on hand for some comparisons too.

Phil,

Sounds good! But you might have to keep the Lacquer thinner away from some of the upstate NY guys if you know what I mean.... Just kiddin... Big Grin

I can say this, since I lived there for 44 years...

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Larry C Weaver>
posted
Lacquer thinner? Nawwwwww , I like liquid wrench,makes me really mellow!!! Razzer
duh weave

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Ok I will bring a shot glass Cheers

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like liquid wrench,makes me really mellow!!!
duh weave

I knew it!!! I knew it!!!! Razzer

Posts: 9137 | Location: Ventura, Ca. | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Quite small piece of the puzzle but incase anyones interested; When you Google the word "Ermine" this is the fellow you find. Not a lot else for the word Ermine.. Its really white though for a woodland creature Smiler

<RickDawn67>
posted
Tom and Phil,

Looks like one of them there high quality buffed lacquer variety of woodland creatures to me! Big Grin

Weave, get your gun! racer

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
It looks more like a fleet creature to me! Razzer

Posts: 9137 | Location: Ventura, Ca. | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<RickDawn67>
posted
quote:
It looks more like a fleet creature to me!

Excellent Tony!

hahahhaahahha Big Grin

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Throughout the Renaissance, the ermine was a very important symbol of purity. The ermine is depicted in heraldic symbols, royal gowns, and in significant portraits of the Renaissance. The ermine, classified as Mustela erminea, is of the weasel family, and is commonly found in Canada and Northern Europe. The ermine is known for its pure white fur with its noticeable black tip on its tail, which has been highly prized by trappers since the 16th century. Ermines are very small animals, only 6 to 12 inches from head to rump, with a long, bushy tail. It is the tail that is prized by traders to make coats, stoles, or robes for monarchs, clergy, and the extremely wealthy. Legend has it that the ermine, with its beautiful white coat, would die before soiling its fur, which idea has lent itself to the ermine as a symbol of purity and chastity. We can find numerous examples in art, literature, and heraldry of the ermine representing the purity that its white coat suggests.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Reading the above, I would gather that the person at GM who chose the name Ermine for the white was aware of this " fur to the kings " color and also that its PURE WHITE

I suspect that we have all always only known Ermine after it had faded to parchment..when in fact the true and (as new) color was really quite white confused

<RickDawn67>
posted
very well researched and said Tom!

Yep, it sure is bright/pure and unsoiled WHITE!!!! Big Grin

So even us "C" cars are painted the color only wearthy of monarchs, clergy, and the extreme wealthy!!! Cool! Cheers racer