Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Tech. & Restoration    Inching closer to the "worlds best grill"
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inching closer to the "worlds best grill"
 Login/Join

<His 67PC>
posted
Mike, I am still trying to figure out the process used on aluminum trim parts like grille moldings. I am not sure if they are flash chromed or anodized. I had some interior headliner trim moldings along the window in a hardtop anodized and they turned out great. I have not found a source for flash chrome. I may do them both ways and see which turns out the best. I have multiple 67 grilles for parts so I can do some playing.

The rivet situation is under control. I still need some input on the squeeze tool though.

Keith C.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<don961>
posted
Any luck getting you Grill back together?

I’m getting ready to take mine apart for paint, and just ordered the rivets from AMK, AMK part number B-13399

<don961>
posted
back side

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Don! post a pic of the end of the header! I want to see the blue nose stripe as it wraps around and down! Big Grin

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13401 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
What do the marking say on the lower valance?

Posts: 13401 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<don961>
posted
I'll take some pictures later this afternoon Smiler

<don961>
posted
Here are some shots

<don961>
posted
click

<don961>
posted
snap

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Excellent.. thanks for these!

<His 67PC>
posted
I am looking for the rivets used to assemble the RS grille center to the upper and lower moldings. It looks like the same part is used to assemble the headlight doors and trim. AMK sells them in black anodize for 8 pieces for $3. The original parts were raw aluminum, not anodized. The AMK parts also look to have an oval head instead of flat like the originals.

The first question I have is if anyone has used the AMK rivets, are my above observations correct?

The second question I have is whether there is any interest in buying rivets that correct the deficiencies noted above? I have a quote to get the rivets but it requires a minimum purchase of 10,000 pieces. I don't need that many. I am looking at selling them at a price of 25 pieces for $10 for natural aluminum, flat head rivets custom made to match the original parts.

If it looks like there is interest, I may take the chance and order them. Obviously the market is larger than just this forum, but this group has the type detail oriented restorers who can help understand if there is interest.

Thanks,
Keith C

On the Track
posted Hide Post
i would be interested in 150 pieces. jeff

Posts: 90 | Location: colts neck, n.j. | Registered: 12 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I'll check out all of this after I get back from Vaca.. I have some of those AMK's to look at

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I think when time allows we should check if the original units you are working with are
#1 truely original
#2 not an early or late version
#3 not LA vs. NOR

I can find a few versions but much of my stuff these days ir packed up so I'd need time.. Maybe you can post a pic of what you talking of?

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I'd get in line for some if its what NOR 04A cars really had Big Grin