Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1967 Registry
 Login/Join 
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
BUMP... Any updates on "Phase 2"? Thanks...

Posts: 668 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Right now I am maintaining the site as un-optimized which means it is still kind of hard to find - to allow it to kick start with some registrations.

Absent a meaningful number of Festival cars, I will not proceed with phase two just yet but stay tuned.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
Phil,

I was curious when you get to phase 2 if my RS only pace car with the LOS. fleet code, L181A would be registered
under that category or will all RS only pacers have there own specific area?

Thanks

Posts: 209 | Location: Millcreek, Utah | Registered: 20 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
I get it... And I want to help - but to date I have only three commitment cars registered on the site.

We need to register those first which builds the backbone for the the replica section of the registry.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I know... Frowner

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13406 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response, I'm not quite sure I understand what, I get it means but I can only guess. I basically was curious if my car fit the criteria if it would be included with the LI81A cars being a RS only.
I know I need to 1st start with registering with Camaro pace Cars and go from there. I've been reluctant to send in my information in hopes I would have more information on the car but unfortunately after searching many hours I've hit a brick wall, I'm going with what I have and hopefully it's enough. It's great that NCRS opened its doors because that confirmed the direction I was going.
Thanks again for all the time and devotion everyone puts into this site to make it what it is.

Posts: 209 | Location: Millcreek, Utah | Registered: 20 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Having whatever documentation you can gather helps, regardless of your vehicle. I'm sure the RS LA built cars will be added when the time comes as will the Canadian RS only cars (when there time comes).

Posts: 1601 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 327:
Thanks for the response, I'm not quite sure I understand what, I get it means but I can only guess. I basically was curious if my car fit the criteria if it would be included with the LI81A cars being a RS only.
I know I need to 1st start with registering with Camaro pace Cars and go from there. I've been reluctant to send in my information in hopes I would have more information on the car but unfortunately after searching many hours I've hit a brick wall, I'm going with what I have and hopefully it's enough. It's great that NCRS opened its doors because that confirmed the direction I was going.
Thanks again for all the time and devotion everyone puts into this site to make it what it is.

The on line registry has some initial goals which have not been met to date..

The primary goal was to educate the hobby and the collector car industry in general that Chevrolet did make replicas in 1967.

Yes.. even replica 0-1 cars that were sold to dealers.

Then a variety of other replicas were also made which include the C-1's L-181-A's, some C-4's and a few non fleet coded cars that were also included in race promotional activities, including Hard tops and Non SS cars, and a spattering of give-a ways.

Then there is the whole Mosport Canadian Pace car thing to unravel.

There is so much to be done, but the first step is to show by the number of cars registered--that replicas were produced and then prove it. You do this by registering the 0-1's first.

Once replica production is established then the case is made and the other kinds of replicas can be registered.

This initial phase is all about educating the hobby.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Racing
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the explanation. I understand as you mentioned in your past post that your trying to establish a back bone and I also realize to some degree how complicated the task must be.
I've spent a lot of time researching just general information on pace cars and also trying to find out more info on RS cars. If there is something I can do to assist in any area I'm more than happy to.

David, Your right about information on cars, Every piece you gather contributes in one way or another, especially if you don't have the build sheet etc.
I found out that the owner of the GallesGroesbeck Chevrolet in New Mexico was the president of the Chevrolet dealers association in 1959 along with a lot of others distinguished positions including a heavy involvement in racing. It makes me wonder if he carried enough clout to have Chevrolet build him a car in O5D like the other L181A built in O5D that's in the pace car book. You never know.

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Pieces to a puzzle spread out over the years of time.....

Most Dealerships, outside of the North Central Region, that took the time to make sure they got their order in by the Deadline saw the value to having a replica for promotional reasons....in my opinion, 2 are always better than 1! ;-)

Posts: 9137 | Location: Ventura, Ca. | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
I agree with your thinking on these cars being used primarily for promotional use etc. I tried to convince myself that there had to be another reason why my car didn't have the SS option and I could only come up with the SS option being more money and the other reason was perhaps a die hard chevy enthusiast that wouldn't have anything but the well established 327 motor. Both possible but unfortunately the more I found out about all the uses the promotional cars were used for things made more sense.

It was interesting as time drew nearer how dealers began to panic to get more cars and how some of them became so desperate to clone them and sell them as pacers. I've read about a few of those cars.

Your comment on pieces to a puzzle spread out over years is so very true. The problem is having the patience as they develop and also a open mind to where they might come from. I read the obituary of The president of Galles Chevrolet in new mexico and that answered some questions I had solving more parts to the puzzle. you just never know where your going to discover something.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
bump

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13406 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the garage
Picture of Buddy
posted Hide Post
Hi All,
I have body #101452
Trying to verify engine stampings. Stamp pad shows 17N201823
Thank you in advance,

Buddy

Posts: 1 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 08 January 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
The VIN does match the cowl tag. This car was featured in a short show on spike tv called "Musclecar:Flashback 1967 Indy 500 Camaro".

Posts: 907 | Location: Lubbock,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
quote:
7N201823

That VIN and Cowl tag was Chris Woodside's old Pacer.

Posts: 2067 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Phil, wondering if adding the phase 2 cars will bring other phase 1 cars out of the woodwork?
I see quite a few pace cars out there for sale lately, certainly having one displayed/documented on your registry will bring some validation to the car, especially should that car be for sale.
I no longer own a 67 pace car but would be happy to provide the documentation for my old car to get the ball rolling for the LOS replicas, and any help I can provide with the CDN sold 06C cars.

Posts: 1601 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the garage
posted Hide Post
I would like to thank the site for allowing me to reregister on the site. I have gotten more information on my ModeTop Camaro on this site, than any other sites on the internet.
THANKS AGAIN

Roger

Original 67 Camaro Owner

Posts: 6 | Registered: 29 December 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post