Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1967 Registry
 Login/Join 
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted
here is a link to a really cool new site!

1967 Registry

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bill B,

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Pat Railsback>
posted
With all due respect to the research done by the owners of the pace car registry LLC. I am one of the first members of this site and was under the impression that we would never be associated in the business of pace car verification. I'm not covered under the LLC of the above and wish to minimize my potential liability with this post. Thank you and kind regards.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
With the NCRS having bulletproof delivery info for the real Festival cars and Phil taking the huge amount of time to make his site I'm cool with what he's done over there and was the first to willingly submit my info to HIS site. You definitely do not have to submit. I personally think Phil has done the most of anyone I know these last 2 years to further the pedigree and wish him the best of luck with HIS site.

Ain't no liability here and with the way Phil has it set up over there I have all my chips on betting he'll receive no troubles

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pat Railsback:
With all due respect to the research done by the owners of the pace car registry LLC. I am one of the first members of this site and was under the impression that we would never be associated in the business of pace car verification. I'm not covered under the LLC of the above and wish to minimize my potential liability with this post. Thank you and kind regards.

Pat,

There is no liability for the registry by the members here. My company bears all liability which is about zero due to the application process and the disclaimer that an applicant must sign.

The registry seeks to isolate the commitment fleet and through multiple forms of data.

This confirmation will show delivery of the vehicle to the Zone during a period immediately after production that on a zone car-- will match the delivery of the commitment fleet inventory to IMS.

SO:

Applicant supplies the information on his or her car. the information is evaluated and then if there is a match - the registry is populated and the documentation that the applicant provided NCRS Shipper is posted.

The body numbers are posted so the site is 100% transparent meaning no applicant can say "I was hoodwinked in to applying and then my car was rejected" You will know right up front and your participation is voluntary.

Unfortunately we are a highly litigious society as such people who are not happy with the outcome of the evaluation may threaten to initiate legal action due to lack of placement within the registry-or make statements like I do not want to participate due to "potential liability". That is OK then don't participate.

1. Participation is voluntary.

2. Participation is Free.

3. Because it is voluntary and Free an aggrieved participant will will have great difficulty showing proof of harm in any fight for monetary damages.

4. A participant will mostly pre-qualify him/herself prior to application submission. If the NCRS shipper says the car went to a dealer then there is no need to apply, so the participant bears responsibility for participation in advance of the application.

All I am offering to do is host all the information available publicly at no cost.

What is not to like? This was and is one of the primary objectives of this forum when it was created back in 2005.

AND:

This is not something that I ambushed anyone with. You commented on it yourself in the registry model topic. Here is what you said in February:

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
One more thing, you know why the announcers always cut to commercials at major auctions when a pace car hits the block?

Precisely because there is no one willing to say with clarity and certainty what constitutes a pace car.

Why? Cause I asked them that is why... Frowner

The announcers have no clue and decide not to even tread into the "swamp".

Result: The cars are undervalued and under appreciated.

The fix: Phase 1 is occurring now. Separate the commitment fleet from the replicas via registry.

Then Phase 2 then follows to allow registration of the remaining 1967 replica cars on the same site with a different self guided format for participation.

This additional format and registry will include:

Dealer destination 0-1's

C-1's

L-181-A's

and

RPO Ordered replicas.

There is something for everyone coming in the not too distant future - but first we have to get on the same page technically on the base line.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
I see how some will be concerned, however nobody is revealing anything. An owner forwards his NCRS paperwork showing the car to be a zone car and it is added to the registry. Any information gathered over the years is not provided. I think the openness of it is a great idea.
I'm sure there was not only a ton of work but a ton of thought that went into this stage.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Pat Railsback>
posted
Pace Car Authenticity

Due to the proliferations of clones and "made-up" cars along with the availability of tools to make certain items look original we do not offer any form of authenticity thru this site. However, we do have a very active forum board with many members who are eager to assist and answer any questions you may have. We also have a FAQ page that will help answer many commonly asked questions. Both of these features can be accessed via the navigation buttons on the right. If you need assistance beyond those offered on the site and forums please use the contact us button to the right and we will gladly try our best to address your concerns or questions.

My post speaks directly to the contradiction of the above and the recently added forum section called, 1967 Registry, that has recently been added and redirected me to an offsite location.

I've learned a few things over the years pertaining to LLC's working here on the hillbilly worm farm and since at one time I was referred to here as a "core" member I simply wish to keep the gal dang revenuers off my tail should they come looking for those with a checkbook. This is simply a self serving move on my part to cover any personal liability from past association here and has nothing what so ever to do with the content of another sites material. I believe I expressed my concerns for the possible inclusion of an authentication registry clearly and professionally in the quote Phil was kind enough to post in this thread.

Phil good luck with your personal endeavors. I've not had time to completely review all your material but it looks very interesting.

Hoping the camaropacecar community continues to share and grow in the spirit it was intended.

Sincerely

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Yea David exactly and I am personally totally on board with the whole thing.. long time coming in my opinion

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
I could not agree more.. The registry site will complement and build on what has and continues to be achieved here with the core group.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Who then owns and has custody and control of the new registry???

Posts: 2769 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
The folks running the registry site, CamaroPaceCars is just passing people over there just like we do when we link people to eBay or any other site for information or when something cool is found.

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Geoff,

That would be me. The development and operation of the registry is my way to give back to the hobby.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Please allow me to ask one small question if I may do so.

So then; what happened to previous registries & records established by now-defunct International Camaro Club & U.S. Camaro Club in the mid 1980's, and who If anybody is their custodian?

Both of these recognized replica cars manufactured in both Norwood & also Van Nuys CA as Pace Cars. Also (with VIN#'s) the "Official Chevrolet Indy Pace Car Book" (Crispino/Hooper, J & D Publications (1992).

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Pat Railsback>
posted
LLC

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Not sure if I can clear up some confusion here but I will add a few cents. ICC and several other registries have existed over time, updated, and thru great effort kept up to date. Camaropacecars has a registry. Owners sent in their info and it is still kept private as was the initial intent.
What Phil is doing with his database is totally separate from the registries we have.
Phil's is more open and transparent but in my opinion the registries kept by Camaropacecars has not been compromised in any way since I got involved over 10 years ago.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Also, even though my car is on the registry, when Phil gets to a database for Van Nuys built pacers, I'd love to have my car on there. In my opinion it further prevents fraudulent cars and anyone interested in buying a pacer with a specific VIN can go to Phil's site and see the info on that car, providing it has been shared by the owner. If an owner chooses not to participate on Phil's database there is no pressure to do so. Anyones private info from Camaropacecars registry is still private, unless the owner decides to share it on Phil's site.

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charley Maule:
quote:
Originally posted by festival (6/7/15)- EDITED for brevity/cm:
"Then Phase 2 then follows to allow registration of the remaining 1967 replica cars"...
"This additional format and registry will include:

Dealer destination 0-1's
C-1's
L-181-A's
and RPO Ordered replicas.

There is something for everyone coming in the not too distant future"...

Phil; I eagerly await "Phase 2" as I find myself having to re-read the passage above. It seems we now have at least 2 registries, one of which recognizes only NCRS-confirmed Festival cars?

May I also comment, the NCRS stuff is great if you don't have any other documentation... but if somebody has (let's say for an example), MSO from GM signing the car over to the dealer, why bother forking over $50 to the Corvette guys?

(Yes, I know $50 is petty in an expensive project, but that's not the point...)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charley Maule,

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
You can never have enough documentation and some of us have/had very little.

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
"Then Phase 2 then follows to allow registration of the remaining 1967 replica cars"...

Dealer destination 0-1's
C-1's
L-181-A's

Phil; I eagerly await "Phase 2" as I find myself having to re-read the passage above. It seems we now have at least 2 registries, one of which recognizes only NCRS-confirmed Festival cars?

May I also comment, the NCRS stuff is great if you don't have any other documentation... but if somebody has (let's say for an example), MSO from GM signing the car over to the dealer, why bother forking over $50 to the Corvette guys?

(Yes, I know $50 is petty in an expensive project, but that's not the point...)

Charley,

Yes.. I thoroughly evaluated the options available to owners and then looked at the potential for a ringer to slip through.

Read this article please:

http://www.vmrintl.com/Ref_art/title_fraud.htm

"a printer who had every high-tech toy in the book was arrested for creating not only counterfeit titles, but original vehicle Manufacturer's Statement of Origin....."

If you have an MSO that is cool and it can be included on the data file for the car but for the Commitment fleet used by the Zone the only consistent way that balances the validation is to rely on the NCRS Vehicle Shipper Documents first.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Hi Phil. Very thorough research (as always)!

To clarify my earlier post: I never meant to question the NCR archive obviously is an invaluable resource. Especially so when folks may not possess decades of documentation. But even with; I'll concede it still adds value. As David P. noted; "You can never have enough documentation"... agreed!

Thanks for the insights and; as mentioned, I eagerly await "Phase 2". In the meantime; I bought myself an extra copy of the 1992 "Official Chevrolet Indy Pace Car Book"...

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
I am in the process of making Jack's car active in the registry. His body # link should go live on Saturday.

Jack's car: https://camaropacecars.com/eve/...0019733/m/8781023256

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Body Number page also has added features. Cars that are registered have a blue halo.

http://www.67pacecarregistry.c...ar-body-numbers.html

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Looking good Phil

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charley Maule (6/27/15):
quote:

Dealer destination 0-1's
C-1's
L-181-A's

What's status of "PHASE 2"? The new registry still looks like it only supports Festival cars. What's to become of us L181A guys (among others) who had heretofore long been recognized --??

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charley Maule,

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
heretofore... I LOVE THAT WORD.. Wink
I think Phil is super busy. I bet its coming in time..