Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pace Car on eBay?
 Login/Join

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted
Is this 67 Camaro a Pace Car? The seller says it is body number LOS 2023, but my records show that the body number is already on a Pace Car. Does anyone have information on this eBay Camaro.

eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29446...d:g:imIAAOSwHDphad2z

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
I have it also LOS 2023 on a 396. Out of curiosity did he email you or talk to you with the body number? I could not find it.

Posts: 907 | Location: Lubbock,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Hi Michael,
I tried very hard to get him to send me a picture of the cowl tag, but he didn't. He did send me Jerry MacNiesh papers and it showed the body number. So when I checked it against my records it came up with Charley Maules Pacer. I sent him another email telling what I found and he was adamant that his dads Camaro is the real deal with a dash. I only wanted to confirm the anomaly. But I can't be sure. I don't have a VIN or a picture, just the documents he sent me from the appraiser. He also says Jerry MacNiesh looked at it and it authenticated it. I doubt Jerry knows Pace Cars like this site.

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Here is the firs section of Jerry MacNiesh's Review or Appraisal.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Strange goings on... Charlie was a great guy.. I remember when he sold the car.. Jerry...give me a break with that guy at this point..

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
What happened to Charley? All Jerry does is decode codes and numbers that anyone can do for themselves.
Tom, Do you know anything about that Camaro on eBay?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tom D,

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Firstly, please allow me to clarify... Any reports of my demise are greatly exaggerated!

That having been addressed... My car is LOS-2023 (04D) and I've preserved numerous documents going back to 1975. Many of these, I think I sent to Tom when I joined back in 2012. Jerry inspected the car in 2014, and his report confirms my tag numbers.

I would suspect a typo? The snapshot of Jerry's report above also indicates 04B and H433 (these align), but i think are out of range for the body#

Posts: 670 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
H433 is VIN number 124677L153840 LOS 1877 body number. This is the infamous CaddiDaddi car that was owned by Anthony Accetta. He was trying to say that this car was owned by A.J. Foyt. Let me check, but I think that Tim Flatt may have a photo of the cowl tag.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: L181A L35,

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
SORRY! Was thinking of the wrong Charlie! I was thinking of the Charley from Montana! UGH.. Charlie Maule got you phone message but was unavailable.. Sorry again for the confusion..

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
tt

Posts: 907 | Location: Lubbock,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
pg 1 of Auction

PDF DocScan0001.pdf (264 Kb, 67 downloads)

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Assuming this is the same car... "Reserve Not Met" at Barrett-Jackson July 2020:
https://www.barrett-jackson.co...S-CONVERTIBLE-242502

LOTS of documentation on the B-J site including the TT & the full Jerry report... which looks identical to the screen shot above. I would speculate simply a clerical error w/regard to the body#.

I also have notes on file suggesting this may have appeared at Barrett-Jackson LAS VEGAS 2009, but page not loading?

Lot: 363.1 - 1967 CHEVROLET CAMARO INDY PACE CAR CONVERTIBLE
Lot Number: 363.1
Auction: LAS VEGAS 2009

Posts: 670 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post