Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vegas Mecum
 Login/Join

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted
Comments? Link

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
From guessing at the cowl tag it appears to be a Norwood AC car. I do not know of any shipped to Florida. Interesting.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
Interesting!!! Looks to have correct style flag brackets as well.

Must be A.J.s car! Cool whistle

EDIT: Oops! Nevermind, don't see a power top circuit breaker up on corner of the firewall. Oh well.

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Parr:
From guessing at the cowl tag it appears to be a Norwood AC car. I do not know of any shipped to Florida. Interesting.
It is a Norwood car from the description "One of 2 known Norwood built pace cars with air" I dont know why when a IPC car is sold it has air it is always 1 of 2. I know of 4 Norwood cars with air. Here is info for the first Norwood a/c pace car found http://www.camaros.net/forums/...dex.php/t-24381.html

Posts: 907 | Location: Lubbock,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
something weird is going on. I knows Bills original post was listed in Vegas, now it is listed for Dallas.

Posts: 907 | Location: Lubbock,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
hummm ..... maybe I screwed up? IT would be the first time!!! roll

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Brian-Pace Fan>
posted
I am curious if anyone can read what options are on this car, especially under group 2 on the cowl tag?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
I know of 2 Norwood pacers. My understanding is that one of them is overseas. This could be the car Ed Fulmer car that was for sale, and could have sold. I cannot read the cowl tag on the picture from the auction.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Car sold for $42,900

<Brian-Pace Fan>
posted
What does everyone feel about the price it brought? Seems like a great buy, in my opinion...

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
I'd say this was a really good purchase!

Posts: 2961 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Gotta be Ed Fulmers.. It has Tony's license plate on the front

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Yes, has his flag poles as well

In the garage
posted Hide Post
Guys,

To end any speculation, I wound up buying Ed Fulmer’s car from the folks who got such a great deal on it in Dallas. I paid more than they paid for it, but far less than what they were asking for it (~$70k).

By way of introduction, I’ve been collecting pace cars for almost 30 years. My second, a ‘69 Z-11, is still in the collection. Ed’s ‘67 joins it and eight others. My oldest is the actual 1957 Mercury Turnpike Cruiser. My other actual is 2003 Chevy SSR (VIN 0004). I’ve several Festival/Track cars, and all are drivers.

I’ve worked with the folks at the IMS and IMS Museum on the organization and operation of the pace car reunions in 2006, 2011, and 2016.

Before I moved on what had been Ed’s car, I reached out to old ‘67-literate friends like Jim Hairston and Tom McG. I spoke with Ed Fulmer about the car, as well.

The car was delivered tonight. We’ll need to sort out some things, as you have to do on any car like this, but on the whole it’s a great car.

If you’re around Indy this May (and if you own a Camaro pace car, you should make plans), look me up.

Tom B.

Tom in Indy
1967 IPC
1969 IPC

Posts: 1 | Location: Indianapolis | Registered: 08 January 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post