Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Pace Cars For Sale    #92 going to Mecum in MAY
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

#92 going to Mecum in MAY
 Login/Join

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted
Poorly Written article, but from what I can see this looks to be the actual car that paced the race- #92. Something like the actual Pace car "not a replica" would be a better way to describe it.

https://www.hotcars.com/settin...vrolet-camaro-rs-ss/

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
And unless my eyes are tricking me, it now has a repop dash pad on it.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
I got an image directly from the Auction site. Dash looks good.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I heard about this yesterday.. A very complex story behind the scenes

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Do TELL... Spin

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
WOW... time capsule is right...

https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0...edition-convertible/

Gentlemen... start your checkbooks...

-----------

On a different note; fascinating study of small & unique details...

* #175, pad stamp with the order#;
* #7, custom fuel filter;
* #173, custom bracket(?) inside lower valence... looks like maybe to lock down the hood latch???
* #93 & #98, never knew this car had power steering? (#98, filler cap barely visible under upper hose & alt bracket, plumbing barely visible on #93)
* many many pictures of the grab bars & flags (no revelation, but level of detail I've never seen before)
* i could probably go on, but not enough time...

simply amazing to see... Phil thanks for posting

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I too shall check out each and every picture of my favorite car.. Very high rez stuff.. psyched Smiler

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Yes, it never fails to amaze me how the steering wheel fades to a blue/green which is very close to the original cast color of the turn signal knob.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
Yes the article, fairly good, but some details off. Dealers that prepped cars, and I saw that car many, MANY times at Dan Young Chev. and NEVER once saw it in the showroom, every time I ever saw it there it was in the service drive behind the desks with a couple other cars.

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Sold for 632.500.

Posts: 907 | Location: Lubbock,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
While The seller was being pressed to come off the reserve when the car was at 575 He told the bidder assistant “thats what I paid for it”, he then said 550 in my pocket?, to which the assistant appeared to nod them the seller said ok lift the reserve and the car was quickly hammered sold at $575 which is $632 with fees.

Two observations: A reserve is worthless if you are not ready to use it, and there was no money in the house. Having sold at Barrett,I think this car would have brought over a million in Scottsdale.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
I also thought it would bring a lot more money. especially since replicas and track cars are sky high.

Posts: 907 | Location: Lubbock,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post