Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Pace Cars For Sale    #18 COMING UP FOR SALE
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

#18 COMING UP FOR SALE
 Login/Join

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted
https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0...ss-pace-car-edition/

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Notice how low the decals are on this Pacer?

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
This car has been in his collection since I first starting loving these cars.. Its has about 10 repairable faux pa's.. all easy peasy.. This car has many original things.. look at the decals on the rear view and the color of the steering wheel.. This baby is legit. The low stickers have bothered me for 15 years roll

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Did we make up our minds on dealer prep and rear mirror decals Left vs right side?

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Robert Binder was the first owner,bought it after the race and sold it for $22,000 in an auction in 1989.I'll try to post more info when I have a chance.
If Im not mistaken Cliff also owns a BB pace car.

Posts: 907 | Location: Lubbock,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Binder in January 1989. He allowed me a personal viewing of his car the week before Barrett-Jackson (Scottsdale) '89. Super nice guy, had tons of documentation. I took some pictures and we later exchanged letters. I'll rummage through my archives & see what I can dig up. Too bad the auction listing does not provide the VIN#, which was published in one of the old ICC club newsletters. It is also discussed (with picture) in the Donna Crispino Pace Car book (p. 47).

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
11 124677N192215 03C March 16/67 O-1 Festival #18 N300078 March 29/67 25-000 Chevrolet - Indianapolis Branch 350/295hp Powerglide Nor 92726 2MG 3SL 4P 5Y- R N.S. TN - USA Ernst, Cliff

I would love to see the paper work.. Gates Chevrolet maybe

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
https://www.legendarycollector...ff-ernst-collection/ Here is both his cars . As noted earlier placements of the decals compared. Scroll down to about middle of page.

Posts: 907 | Location: Lubbock,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Seen on the link this car SOLD. What did it go for? I haven't subscribed to the auctions.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Wow, someone got a good deal.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
UGH. Was hoping more.. that's a really good one needing just little tweaks

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Finally found my pictures & notes from 1989. Attaching a few snaps from my visit with Mr. Binder in January 1989, just a few days before he turned it over to Barrett-Jackson. A follow-up note sent me by Mr. Binder afterwards confirms the $22K 1989 auction price.

Our meeting was a major factor in lighting the fire, that started me on researching & documenting my own car. Mr. Binder put me in touch with Donna Crispino, who was about that same time organizing the original IPC Registry.

The car is featured in a 2-page spread in the I.C.C. May/June 1989 newsletter. It also is featured in the D. Crispino Pace Car book which came later.

A few other notes I took back from our meeting... The car was purchased from Gates Chevrolet in Indianapolis in Sept. 1967, several months after the race. The decals in my 1989 pictures (which I'd suspect are probably still the same ones?), were reproductions, they were affixed by a local Phoenix detail shop in preparation for the auction. Funny, I remember way back then the decals seemed awfully low...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charley Maule,

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
pic

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
pic3