Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Pace Cars For Sale    Ebay Pace Car 396 375hp
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ebay Pace Car 396 375hp
 Login/Join

<#92>
posted
Did Jim ever answer if it was the orig. engine ? I saw he posted pic of clean pad.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the garage
Picture of Danno
posted Hide Post
I have acquired this car and it's off the market.

Dan
67 Camaro Pace Car
70 Chevelle LS 5
70 Chevelle LS 6
2017 Camaro ZL1

Posts: 5 | Location: SoCal | Registered: 09 June 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Congratulations

Posts: 1602 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
okay the car is back, again. Is it settled that this is a factory 375 HP car but not the original engine?

Looks to be a good restoration so thoughts on value, certainly not 120K (one mans POV).

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill B:
okay the car is back, again. Is it settled that this is a factory 375 HP car but not the original engine?

Looks to be a good restoration so thoughts on value, certainly not 120K (one mans POV).

The car on ebay in the wording of the ad does not have the original engine. The car that was at the Mecum auction is a different car to the one on ebay according to the VIN.

Posts: 907 | Location: Lubbock,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
ok maybe I'm confused (doesn't take much!). I requested the trim tag of this car ( Link ). This picture attached is the trim tag which matches the trim in the first post of this thread. Are we talking about the same car?

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
The vin and body number are out of sequence I think and there isn't an original component left of the driveline.. sorry but I'm putting up the red flag for right now. Phil is the best I know at trim tag opinions and I hope he sees this an puts out an opinion

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
If you put the vin in numerical sequence with all the others then the body number is off by up to 1000 units.. Phil would be best in deciding that that was even possible.

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
While studying this thread,it appears to me that there are two different trim tags being discussed. They are 10 body numbers apart. Is the later one the one that is possibly off sequence by up to 1000 units? Or is that possibly normal?
And then,back to the Tyler Collins car vs my car. Mine was produced a week before ( about 3000 body numbers earlier),yet was delivered a day later than his was.(to a dealer in tenn). Did mine sit around at the factory for a week for some reason? Was that a normal thing? Just trying to learn more stuff! Andy V.

Posts: 540 | Location: Southeast Ohio | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post