Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Pace Cars For Sale    Ebay Pace Car 396 375hp
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ebay Pace Car 396 375hp
 Login/Join

On the Track
posted Hide Post
thanks for cleaning up the tag and pad. i just wanted this car to have its original running gear.its a special car!

Posts: 90 | Location: colts neck, n.j. | Registered: 12 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jim Brannon>
posted
V.V.Cooke was a well known racing dealership. This Pace Car was delivered there for a special purpose for the Indy race. I would love to know the details.

V.V. Cooke Chevrolet, Seller Of The First Corvette In Kentucky

When the '53 Corvette came out, V.V. Cooke Chevrolet received the first one delivered in Kentucky. Upon arrival, V.V. Jr. was enthralled with its striking appearance and sports car appeal. The car was so unique that Chevrolet Motor Division sent in a service technician to go over the car with the dealership mechanic. With this formality out of the way, V.V. Jr. just had to try it out. What an afternoon that turned out to be!

V.V. Cooke Chevrolet, The Sponsor

Recently, the interest in dealer involvement in the '60s performance market has reached an all-time high. Prominent dealers in the Midwest and northeast United States are now well known to the performance-oriented crowd, primarily due to the numerous articles that have documented their place in performance history. Across the country there were other dealers who also played roles in the horsepower wars. V.V. Cooke Chevrolet in Louisville, Kentucky, was one such dealer. High-performance cars and performance enhancements were daily activities in the sales and service departments for Chevelles, Chevy IIs, Corvairs, Corvettes, and Yenko-prepared cars as well.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jim Brannon>
posted
Winning Corvette

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Now that is super cool. and your right.. it explains things for sure... I bought my wifes car because it came from Gledhill in LA.. The dealer that James Garner got his cars from to race and own.. Love historical dealers

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Gledhill drag car 1967

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Wifes ride from Gledhill

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Indy

Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
Tommy,

Are you at Mecum?

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
Yeah I was there Tuesday and it wasn't there yet so didn't see it. Also wasn't on the Mecum "View Lots" pages. Was surprised to see it go across the block Friday night a little after 8:00 PM. No sale bid to $85,000.
EDIT: Lee was there Thursday and didn't see it either. So must have been a very late addition to the auction slipped in on Friday. Didn't appear in their online lot list so people knew it was going across the block, and apparently showed up Friday so not many got to see it before it crossed.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0...ss-pace-car-edition/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MLakin,

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
okay 85k and 100K. Wonder what the magic number is.

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
I heard it was 120K.

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
That is what my guess was at the beginning of this thread was 120K.

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
OFF TOPIC ALERT!
Was kind of bummed I wasn't there with a bidder's pass when one of the last cars to cross was a little Fiero pace car that hammered for $1500!!! Looked OK on the TV but it seems that a lot look better on TV than they do in person. Told the wife that'd be a fun little knock-around daily-driver to drive to work for that money.

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
Mike, that was a no sale, you can make offers on the Mecum site at "the Bid Goes on"

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
Car is back on eBay at 125K BIN price.