Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Total 67 Pacers made
 Login/Join

In the garage
posted
I am new to this subject...but own a PERFECT 67 Pacer...100% numbers matching and correct, restored by one of the judges at Camaro Nationals...and has been "unofficially" identified as a real pacer by another Camaro Nationals Judge.

But...one thing piques my curiosity...
How many Pacers were made for the race (ALL kinds). 88 is correct?
And more importantly...how many do we ALL think exist that were actual FLEET CODE cars (as anything without a fleet code (outside of the cars furnished to the race from Chevrolet, which did not have fleet codes).

200? 300?
I would think nowhere NEAR the 3675 sold in 69 (in which I have one of those too).

Anyone want to chime in?
With facts?
OR with very good mathematical/statistical/empirical data?

Posts: 1 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 03 September 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Your asking the toughest of all the questions . There is no answer now and likely never will be.. There are a dozen slightly different versions of 67 Pacers made by Chevrolet ( intended to be Pacers or dealer replicas with correct codes ). You'd be better off telling us what the specifics of you car is and we can tell you how many of that type are on the registry. I can add up all the cars on the registry and furnish that as well. I was always partial to the 600 number

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
looking forward to getting your information per the Tom M response to see what we may have. Were you at the reunion this past May with the 69?

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
64 C-1 cars plus some I need to enter still
80 O-1 cars and a few newbies
59 LA cars and a few newbies
21 Canadian.. that number is static

so more than 230

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
My guess for numbers made allows for a 1/3 survival ratio.

The 0-1 totals skew this assumption a bit because people have been flopping rocks over looking specifically for them for 30 years now.

300 + C-1 cars and LA cars
120 + O-1 cars
21 June produced Mosport replicas

If you take a WAG at it, the likely number of all of them is about 400 in the effective date range for IPC replica production.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post