Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Pace Cars For Sale    Maybe RS only LA Pacer!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maybe RS only LA Pacer!!!
 Login/Join

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted
Craigs List via Tim Flatt

Very close to Michael Wilsons car

VERY cool

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13210 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Tag has 4P so it should be SS,unless changed to RS. Good looking car.

Posts: 825 | Location: Lubbock,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Thought that too but check out the motor.. could VERY well be a 275 hp 327! car looks to have a ton of originality although clearly restored 80's or 90's

Posts: 13210 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Would love to hear the history of this car. I have a VIN next to this one on my registry.

Posts: 825 | Location: Lubbock,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Who owns Pacer LOS- 1801?
This Pacer also has air conditioning.

It seems weird that the tag has a 4P and it has a 327 in it unless it has been changed out. Same with the fenders. I would like to see if this 327 has a VIN to match up to the Camaro. I know GM doesn't stamp VIN's on 327's, but maybe they would have made an exception in this case.

It could be a 327 275hp like Tom said, but would they have put a 4P on the tag for a 275hp that late in production?

Posts: 2047 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
[URL=350/295hp Powerglide Los 1801 E 2EMG 3L 4P- E658 L181A TN - USA Brannon, Jim W - 350/295hp Powerglide Los 1801 E 2EMG 3L 4P- E658 L181A TN - USA Brannon, Jim

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
275hp 327's had 4P as well in some capacity or other

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom!

What gets me is if this a RS Pacer, why does it have a SS hood?

Do you know if GM stamps VIN's on those engines or maybe just on Pacers engines?

Posts: 2047 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
If I remember correctly they stamped the VINs on 275 hp 327 engines and up.. not the 210 version.

This car in question would need some legit research.. hiding an SS is rare unless lots of panels were changed with good used RS stuff long ago

In the garage
posted Hide Post
How many Pace Cars are in the database with 2EMG, (Air Conditioning, Powerglide and Center Console), as the only options under Group Number 2?

Posts: 9 | Registered: 06 July 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
I have 8 cars that have air and most should also have the other options you asked about. Most of the LA cars were sent to Texas area.

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Do we know who bought this Pacer?
Was it someone here? Cheryl says the person who bought it was a Pace Car guru.

I was hoping to find out is this is a 327 RS Pacer or a 350.

In the garage
posted Hide Post
THANKS MICHAEL FOR YOUR RESPONSE...IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

Posts: 9 | Registered: 06 July 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the garage
posted Hide Post
someone out of florida bought it is what she told me

Posts: 4 | Registered: 22 October 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post