Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Pace Cars For Sale    67 Pace car at Mecum Indy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

67 Pace car at Mecum Indy
 Login/Join

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted
Is this legit or is this the black nose car making yet another return?

Link

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
Just saw that it is being discussed on Yenko.net and it is the black noser.

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Adding link to discussion at Yenko: https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=175305

124677N221183

Posts: 670 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Incredible car.. bastardized by being owned by people who don't take the time to qualify the car as an anomaly. If I had that car I'd run the NCRS paperwork then tenaciously chase the history. If it was purchased by a dealer late in the offering and converted so be it. Saying nothing every time this car comes up for sale makes it super suspect. It's unfortunate it has never been owned by a Pacecar LOVER whom would do the due diligence

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Agreed. I am always hopeful to establish a historical connection but the car was already restored when McDorman owned it and the door decals were some kind of custom creation. Same decals on the car today they are just massive covering the entire door.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
Hope the new owner knows - $104,500.

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
I think the bidders did know. That’s slightly on the low side of where the money should be on a real L-78 convertible.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Ironically the other 396 IPC went for $82,5000

Posts: 907 | Location: Lubbock,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post