Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mecum Indy
 Login/Join

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
"hangs around in a bad neighborhood"

You are Killin me Tom. roll

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Wilson:
quote:
Originally posted by L181A L35:
Check VIN number 124677L152470 on the Van Nuys registry. Just caught a typo on the registry this car was down as 350/295hp for a 4N cowl code.

I have a Phillips for that VIN and is listed as a 396/325

Fred Phillips???

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Wilson:
quote:
Check VIN number 124677L152470 on the Van Nuys registry. Just caught a typo on the registry this car was down as 350/295hp for a 4N cowl code.

I have a Phillips for that VIN and is listed as a 396/325

Fred Phillips???
yes

Posts: 907 | Location: Lubbock,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom McGinnity:
This car is the last one listed on the C-1 registry and I have ZERO info listed. Zero trim tag pictures. Just says ICC. It is WAY late and lumped in with 5 or so cars that are not real Pace cars. NOT saying it's not real. Just saying it hangs around in a bad neighborhood

Info I have:
06B C-1
NOR132351
2LC 3SL
4N 5Y
For some reson the C code is in red. I will have to do more checking.
Also the description has power seats would love to see that ( sarcasm)

Posts: 907 | Location: Lubbock,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
I did some checking but could not find any more info in my papers. I did find it listed in the Crispino & Hooper book, probably the reason it was listed as ICC.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I doubt she'd have listed a non dash car but? This ones way off the mark for program closure.. maybe this is the AJ car Confused

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
There were several cars that did not have the dash,paint code, or the fleet code that was listed in the book. I have been meaning to seperate those out.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
That has to be a by-product of the old clubs embracing the idea that after the program ended there were dealers still ordering and converting the black stripes to blue. I do not prescribe to that being a qualification although a list of those is a good thing to have.

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
I'd say power seats might not have come on many pace cars, so this one could be the rarest. Sign says power seats. Someone should phone ICC and ask about it.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Parr:
I'd say power seats might not have come on many pace cars, so this one could be the rarest. Sign says power seats. Someone should phone ICC and ask about it.

Is the ICC still around???

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
No long gone

quote:
quote:

Is the ICC still around???

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder if they meant power steering?

Victory Lane
Picture of indyzdanny
posted Hide Post
It was a "no sale" at $75,000 bid price.

indyzdanny

Posts: 1008 | Location: Elizabethtown, Kentucky | Registered: 09 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
From the car in question at Mecum:

2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
I have only seen one 67 Camaro with a power seat, and the owner had used a Buick Skylark power seat track, motor and switch to create it. That was back in about 1976 when he did that.

Posts: 2961 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post