Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale    To whom it may concern... INTERIOR PROMO (Al Knoch)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

To whom it may concern... INTERIOR PROMO (Al Knoch)
 Login/Join

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN... Interior promo (Al Knoch)...

I got an Email from Al Knoch's today promoting a 15% discount offer (online orders $150+) through April 23 2020.

Thought I would pass this along to my IPC friends who have been so helpful to me.

Their website has more details on promo code, T&C's etc. (in fact you can't change pages without getting smacked in the face)

If anyone looking to score interior stuff, this could be a good time to save a few bucks? (and from a 'social distance' too (LOL)

OBSERVATION: 'CAMARO' pages on their website could be much more informative... also in my case I found that (when asked) they had a LOT of stuff ('secret menu')(LOL) not shown on the website. If planning an order I would suggest CALL & TALK to someone to clarify details (EMail also good).

(Disclaimer: I'm posting this only to be helpful. Not receiving any renumeration of any sort)

(P.S.; Bill; if this should be posted in a different forum section- sorry! & feel free to move)

Posts: 668 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I might just take them up on this offer! Thanks Charlie

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13406 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Charlie.. Can you list the stuff you got from them?

Door panels
dash
carpet
dates convertible top

What else? Door panel carpets to match?

Thanks!

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13406 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Tom, had to find original paperwork... will add more specifics ASAP....charley

Posts: 668 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
please do as I need carpeting.

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3063 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Hello all;

Below I have provided what is essentially a transcript (With added commentary) of my Al Knoch interior order from May 2016.

The main objective when I first connected with Knoch, was to special-order their GORGEOUS door panels; custom-made with carpet I would provide. Inquiring further; I became aware they could provide the complete interior (carpet of course being the TrimParts #512 Sky Blue).(See clarification below)

Most of what follows is pretty straightforward. Still, there are a few wrinkles unique to my situation, and also some fuzzy areas I've tried to explain as best I could.

1) I did not need Kick Panels; already had a near-perfect set from 732-Z donor car. I don't think AK offers these anyway?

2) Carpeting, of course, was also out-of-scope for my order. Floor carpeting (Kit) and door panel carpeting (yard goods) were obtained separately from Trim Parts (#512 Sky Blue)(See clarification below)

3) Convertible top was kit only (Finding an installer became an epic saga by itself).

Undoubtedly, price will be forefront in the mind of many (if not all) readers. You'll note the individual item prices have been omitted below. Here's why:

• Price figures are at this point 4-6 years old anyway.
  • My order included a bunch of extra stuff; both for myself, and also for my resto guy.
  • When my order was placed in 2016; they very graciously honored a quote which was already 2 years old. It would be misleading to set unreasonable expectations based on this.
  • For certain portions of the order (rear seat side panels specifically); I'm not able to reconcile what was invoiced, with what I ordered. I received what I intended to order. And the aggregate cost aligns to quote. But for certain items, I'm not sure what exactly I paid for which?

Considering all this... After backing-out extra parts, and best-guess estimate for the unknowns... it's not out of line to peg a ballpark figure a bit north of $3K (in 2016) for the whole truckload.

This started out to be a simple exercise, but turned into an all-day effort what with filling-in the blanks, explanations, and caveats. I hope this will be helpful to interested persons.

Happy Easter and stay well... Charley

################################################

INVOICE(s) DETAIL in 'LIST' FORM (LINE-ITEM PRICING DELETED)...
--------------------------------------------------

QTY.....PART#/DESC

1 Kit...CAM-TPK676903....67-69 WHITE CAMARO TOPKIT

1 Ea....CAMARO...........67 CAMARO BLACK WELL LINER

1 Ea....DATE STAMP.......DATE STAMP** APRIL 67

1 Ea....CAM-DSH676729....67 CAMARO DASH PAD (USE 71-72 BLUE ABS-ON CSTOMRS DASHES RCV
**** Added Note (Charley): DASH PADS need CUSTOMER'S CORE for re-upholstery;

1 Pr....CUSTOM PART......RECVR CSTMRS 67 CAMARO VISORS
........COMMENTS.........USE 67 BRITE BLUE-MATCH SAMPLE
**** Added Note (Charley): VISORS need CUSTOMER'S CORES for re-upholstery;

1 Set...CAM-DXRF676704...67 BRT BLUE DLX RDSTR FRONT BUCKET SEATS

1 Ea....CAM-DXRR676704...67 BRT BLUE DLX RDSTR REAR BENCH SEAT

1.......CAMARO...........67 BRITE BLUE BOOT LINER

1.......COMMENTS.........PLZ USE CSTOMRS CPT. ON DR.PNLS

1 Set...CDP676704........67 BRT.BLUE CAM/F.B. DLX DOORP

1.......COMMENTS.........MUST RETRN ORIG.SPKR GRILLS

2 Ea....#103.............#103 1967 DLX CAMARO BUKT SEAT FOAM

1 Kit...CAM-BURLAP6772...67-72 CAMARO/F.B. REAR SEAT COTTON & BURLAP KIT

1 Set...CAM-BUR6770R.....67-70 CAM/RDSTR FRT & REAR BURLAP W/INSERTED WIRE

1.......COMMENTS.........SAVE ALL ORIG.VINYL 4 CSTOMER

ALL OLD MATERIAL TAKEN OFF CUSTOMERS ORIGINAL PIECES MUST BE RETURNED WITH ORDER.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HERE'S WHERE THINGS GET CONFUSING...

The following 3 items all refer to the 3-pc. Rear Seat Side Panel assembly (Armrest; Conv. Top Shield; & Window Crank cover).
---> Knoch calls these "Quarter Panels"...

1 Pr.....CAMARO.............................RECOVR CSTMR 67 CAMARO QT.PANELS
.........COMMENTS...........................USE 67 CAMARO BRT.BLUE (2-PCS)

2 Ea.....#506RH-1967-69 CONV. CAMARO/FB.....RH ARMRST METAL CVRD BRTE BLUE

2 Ea.....#507LH-1967-69 CONV. CAMARO/FB.....LH ARMRST METAL CVRD BRIT BLU

~~~~~~
Following is what I actually received (Which is EXACTLY what I wanted) ...with regard to the items invoiced & described as above:

2-- NEW Window-crank cover panels (w/dielectric seams);
2-- REUPHOLSTERED OEM Convertible-top shields (the cover box/panel at passenger's shoulder-height);
2-- REUPHOLSTERED OEM Armrest panels (My original cores with speaker-hole cutouts. Kept them as extras 'just-in-case').
2-- NEW Armrest panels (Repops) with FRESH UPHOLSTERY;

---> Put another way: Two COMPLETE 3-pc sets (LH & RH)... and an extra pair of ARMRESTS (w/pre-existing speaker holes).

~~~~~~

I never did figure out exactly how the invoice details above translated to the expected/delivered product. In finalizing my order; we went round and round ad nauseam trying to synch-up on terminology. After mutual frustration; eventually they said "Trust us- We know what we're doing". Although this went against nearly every fiber of my being... I acquiesced and crossed my fingers hopefully.

In the end; I found the pieces & quality to be exquisite, and EVERYTHING totally aligned with my hopes and expectations. Seam stitchery on both covers is a dead-nuts match for OEM.

The sheet-metal armrest and 'shield' parts can be reupholstered from your original cores, also they offer NEW repops (Not in catalog). (I did some of both, as noted above). The repops are (I believe) 3rd party sourced, and I understand (from my installers) there was a fitment issue with the 1967 ashtray.

...whew ...good night & enjoy!!

-------------------------
EDITED 4/12/20 to address carpet supplier issues (More below)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charley Maule,

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
ALSO AN AFTERTHOUGHT......

See Chris Many's discussion of well cover vinyl edge band... appears at:

* photos #3-#4 at: https://camaropacecars.com/eve/...733/m/8051048166/p/8

* Also at: https://camaropacecars.com/eve/...0019733/m/8631081366

Chris; great catch & save! I remember seeing this blue vinyl on my original well cover (replaced in 1975)... haven't thought about it since! Had this come to my attention earlier, I would have specified it in my 2016 order. We learn from our mistakes...

For a quick view: borrowing photo below from Chris' thread. See links above for more discussion.

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
ANOTHER ADD-ON...

Bill commented above about the carpeting...
quote:
Originally posted by Bill B:
please do (provide details/cm) as I need carpeting.

It slipped my mind, that changes affecting carpeting suppliers were discussed and clarified in an earlier post:
Correct Carpet from ACC ( https://camaropacecars.com/eve/...733/m/1211047166/p/2 )

quote:
Originally posted by L181A L35 ( 29 April 2018 10:02 AM )
Guys 16 13 Blue from ACC is as good as we are going to get.

Wherever I've referenced "Trim Parts #512 Sky Blue" above; substitute ACC "Loop 16 Shade 13 Blue"

When I looked at color samples several years ago, I was convinced they were identical.
Any perceived differences were (in my opinion) explained by production variation (dye lots & so forth).

It's hard to find on the ACC 'samples' page ( https://www.factoryinteriors.c...rial-sample-request/ ) but I found it on row #30.
The image itself is at: https://s3.amazonaws.com/image...m/accswatch/1234.jpg (COPY BELOW)

The moulded carpet kits order page does not give this color option; probably has to be special ordered?

Also on the ACC site I noticed they now have door panel carpeting as separate pieces.
I can't comment if their webbing is same as Knoch's? But at least you can be sure the doors & floor will match...

1967 Chevy Camaro Door Panel Replacement Carpet - Loop
https://www.factoryinteriors.c...-with-binding-31262/

Hope this helps (and Mike; thanks again!)

Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
Charley,

Thanks for adding the ACC info. about 16 Shade 13 Blue!!!

Mike

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
here's the carpet and door lower carpet I got from ACC. I sent the door carpet to Al Knoch to install on the door panels I bought from them. I really like the different shades of blue I am seeing in my car.

Posts: 155 | Location: Highgate Falls, Vermont | Registered: 04 May 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
THANKS!!!

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3063 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post