Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  Norwood Discussion    Norwood Gathering 2012
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Norwood Gathering 2012
 Login/Join 
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
1964 SS Nova 283 4 Speed. What a great car. first

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
ZL-1 #35. This car is a well known Norwood Hero car. Mr.Grogan pictured on the left recounted about how 5 engineers from the tech center packed into new fresh off the assembly line ZL-1's and went out on to I-75 looking for street races- when the cars were brand new. Incidentally, Hassetts car was delivered to Fred Gibb with exactly 399 miles on it so that likely makes this car one of the Norwood ZL-1 engineering street racers. 400 Miles was the limit in that period of time...after 400 it was technically no longer saleable as a new car. The 400 mile number was also verified by Plant Manager Herb Leitz. racer

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Dave Bates>
posted
Phil awesome job on everything! In July you mentioned a killer 67 Z display with one restored and one survivor Z. Any picture of those?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Red one is restored Blue car is all original!

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Survivor engine!

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by festival:
Survivor engine!

Unreal !!!!!

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Trim Tag is blown with white paint too Big Grin

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
My car has nothing to do with Norwood

Posts: 851 | Registered: 01 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom McGinnity:
Big Phil before the panel shows up.. Seriously professional event for something done by a single man ( and his wife Wink)

WOW nice SS Camaro Convertible peddle car or is that an electric kart? Awesome!

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Dave Bates>
posted
Thanks Phil, I have a soft spot for 67 Z's.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom D:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom McGinnity:
Big Phil before the panel shows up.. Seriously professional event for something done by a single man ( and his wife Wink)

WOW nice SS Camaro Convertible peddle car or is that an electric kart? Awesome!

1968 Peddle Car! thing is neat... a guy was making them by hand in Florida like 20 years ago they were $$$$ then I remember the ads in the old Camaro Corral. He made Pace cars too.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bates:
Thanks Phil, I have a soft spot for 67 Z's.

So do I. Cheers

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Racing
posted Hide Post
It's too bad that the plant closed in 1987 and I don't see anything of the 3rd generation Camaro/Firebird being represented. This generation seems to be the forgotten generation of all Camaro/Firebird owners. I know Phil mentioned it on Thirdgen.org, but.....

Posts: 118 | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Moyer:
It's too bad that the plant closed in 1987 and I don't see anything of the 3rd generation Camaro/Firebird being represented. This generation seems to be the forgotten generation of all Camaro/Firebird owners. I know Phil mentioned it on Thirdgen.org, but.....

Scott,

Yes that is sad we did not have any. The thread where I mentioned it was two pages long with 60 replies.

http://www.thirdgen.org/techbo...rwood-gathering.html

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
The Supercar Workshop L-78 Indy Pace Car as a restoration in progress....Simply stunning first

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Great work Phil. Assembling all those cars, getting the workers together must have been a HUGE undertaking. The stories they must have been sharing of working on the line or at the plant would be amazing to listen to. I'm sure you learned a ton of info on how/why these cars were assembled. AMAZING.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
David,

Thanks for the Kind words however these guys (and all the guys and gals who worked there) are the real heros... I could talk to these guys all day. Here is Terry and Art Cheers

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
1977 was a great year and Star light Black was a special color. While not an official SE (a Bandit) these cars had a name given in plant to identify them-they were called "Blackbirds" first

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Here is the article that got bumped on August 25th by the passing of Neal Armstrong which is running today.

http://news.cincinnati.com/art...029/Norwood-After-GM

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Speaking of the workers, it reminds me of a time when you went to work for a company and stayed there until you retired. For people to go to a reunion of their old workplace they must have enjoyed their jobs and the people they worked with. Times have changed since then. Very hard to expect someone leaving school, going to a job and retiring from the same company they started at. Sounds like most Norwood employees were long term.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
David,

Exactly. There were generations of fathers and sons that worked on the lines as well as lots of summer students that went on to very good positions after graduation.

1957 equipped with a 283 "Power Pack"

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
The view from the lower part of the exhibition showcase. The owner of the BB pace car got good tips from Jim! (PacecarPro)

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
55 chevy making the trip to the stage area during the parade of cars. us flag

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
1952 two owner car...original paint. Cheers

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
1968 Z/28 sold new at Yenko Chevrolet. Currently undergoing a stunning technical restoration by Super Car Workshop.

Phil@camaropacecars.com