Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  Norwood Discussion    Norwood Gathering 2012
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Norwood Gathering 2012
 Login/Join 
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted
Due to the success of last year's get together another gathering is planned in a better location and as a result the entire event will be expanded.

Exact details are still being worked out however the event is likely to be held in the July-August timeframe. Car owner participation will be increased- and there will be a host hotel and events scheduled for the night before also.

If you own a restored Norwood built Camaro or a surviving original, and would like to participate send me a PM and I will place your car on a list for consideration.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Event update:

Date is set as August 25th. Spots are filling fast as participation will be limited to 40 cars. 600-700 retirees including three plant managers are expected to attend as this will be an all-plant event on the 25th annv. of the plant closure. blahblah

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I'm running the numbers right now as to what I can do! Big Grin

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Great oh and by the way I am seeking one 1967 IPC and one 1969 IPC. Project cars under a high degree of technical accuracy while being restored are also under consideration.

Rollers that are trimmed from the firewall back on the frame with the engine already in are golden-this is basically what the cars looked like after body drop.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Nice work Phil.

Posts: 2766 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
I have set up block of rooms with a special discounted rate at the 5 star rated Crowne Plaza Hotel - this is the same facility where the retiree presentation will be held the night before with ample trailer parking for the afternoon meet and greet too.

PM me to get the info to reserve your room Cheers

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Support for the event has been tremendous... The Pace car's needed have been located! Now looking for one 1967 Z/28 and one 1968 Z/28 for the showcase area racer

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
We have confirmation of attendees coming from Europe-as representatives of the Swedish Camaro Club will attend the Norwood Gathering 2012 and the Norwood retirees wish to extend a warm welcome to our guests from overseas. band

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Event update: Multiple retirees have decided to bring cars for a special plant worker/owner display. These are cars that these workers had a hand in building and then took delivery of the car when brand new. first

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Some people are pulling out today. Please trailer safe do your strap checks and please be careful.

Those of you flying in have a safe flight.

See you all there! us flag

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
News coverge on the event!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t...sA6zQQDQZLq0BeT1p1TA

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
racer AWESOME!!!! first

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Larry>
posted
Phil - Outstanding job organizing and coordinating. I'm sure many folks are looking forward to next year already. Larry

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Picture test. Gather long shot
Bob Martin Festival Car owner and buddie

Notice all the pictures Phil and Vi put to the beams!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tom McGinnity,

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
On Saturday most of the 25 +- car owners met at the host hotel to get to know each other and chill after a long drive.. Cars came out to breath the air of Norwood

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Private time with retirees before the evening meeting.. If I win the lottery I am kidnapping all these guys for a week on a tropical island so we can talk for days.. The longer you talk the more wells up

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Big Phil before the panel shows up.. Seriously professional event for something done by a single man ( and his wife Wink)

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Here is an artsy-fartsy shot that I tried.. These cars were world class and a treat for the Alumni. Brian Henderson brought two cars and his crew. This guys restoration techniques are beyond reality and after spending big $ on fuel to pull my one car out there.. This guy needs to be commended for his dedication to this hobby Cheers

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
The next morning we got there early to load in and get ready.. Brian H dragged his non-running cars up 6 floors of low clearance parking garage ramps with the help of Larry & Steve Kline.. When we were loading in I saw the 500 chairs and a full deck of tables and said to myself " Wow..Borris has some high hopes here " Well! Pictures prove this guy was right on the mark and there is no way there was anything less than a 1000 people there... HUNDREDS of retirees & spouses from all years

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Its hard to remember to take pictures when your busy picking guys brains but this shot shows how many guys are showing up early when they can't even finish putting the table cloths on! Very excited people showed up for this Gathering

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
My car thanked me for bringing it home.. It was touched all these years later by the same men that built her. surreal and sentimental

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I looked off the top of the garage to see Jim Hairston pulling in Big Grin. No I didn't throw anything down at him roll

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Great signage by Phil and a nice view of what was the right side of the factory

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Phil had a boat load of pictures hanging all around the garage

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Take a moment to really look at how many men that worked this plant are present in just this one photo.