Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  Norwood Discussion    Camaro History On Display Tomorrow Night
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Camaro History On Display Tomorrow Night
 Login/Join 
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted
Arguably one of the most important pieces of Camaro production history (perhaps the most exclusive) will be on display early tomorrow evening in south central Ohio.

If you are near by send me a PM and you can join us for the get together. Pizza is on me.

For those who can't make it...I will get the pictures up for you guys.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
Can we have a hint or play 20 questions?

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
The one Camaro that GM and the Smithsonian would fight over to make it a part of each of the respective collections.

There is only 1 first production car.

This car is Vin#0001 and Fisher DD01D

The car is now restored and I have located it.

It will be at my place for display this evening, then in Cincinnati for two additional private displays exclusively for Norwood workers on Monday and Tuesday.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Eeker

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Damn!!!!! I wish I could fly out and see it!

Posts: 9137 | Location: Ventura, Ca. | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
BTW!!! Pizza on a friend is also fun!! lol!! yea

Posts: 9137 | Location: Ventura, Ca. | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Film crew will be shooting Monday and Tuesday..

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
The Number one Camaro from the "Number One Team" arrived tonight in a glass trailer. Here are some teasers.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
VIN#

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Body Plate

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Engine

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Side

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Rear

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Front

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Who owns this car?

Is this " The Bushmaster " ?

Who did the rstoration?

The car looks frigging amazing!

Start telling me more! first

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Tom,

This car is very, very nice indeed.

Yes it is the Bushmaster Race car.

Restoration was done locally in Kansas.

Guy who owns it is a survivor fanatic who specialized in Shelby Cobra's.

Guy who had it took a bath in 08 in the real estate bubble crash and that is how the current owner came to own the car.

Ownership cost including the restoration cost and a boatload of NOS parts is currently at $250K.

Example: Current owner located the guy who made the car into the bushmaster. The original engine and the front sheet metal are in the guy's barn. Grille is broken but the rest is otherwise complete. Owner of the car had to buy the entire contents of the barn from the now very old race car guy just to get the front sheet metal...guy who had it was crazy and would not separate anything so he had to buy it all.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
The trunk repairs

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Other side

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Extended Discussion here with Q and A:

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthread...play-tomo#Post575812

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Announcement on FOX News!

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure...als/?intcmp=features

Phil@camaropacecars.com

<Pat Railsback>
posted
Very nice restoration! I have the gold 67 promo that looks identical. Maybe they put that one out for a reason? An off the cuff question: were the 6cyl engines painted orange or red? One of my first camaros was a 6cyl rag top with a 6cyl. I bought it from the original owner and was told it was never out of the car or detailed. It was a little sour so I ordered a rebuilt block and swapped it out. Kept the block in my garage for years as the new owner didn't want it. It looked red... IDK

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
The spring early summer tour schedule
2015 dates to see N100001 in person:

April 30th Scottsdale AZ at the Barrett-Jackson display showroom. Open to the public.

May 16th at the Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix circuit. 2016 Camaro reveal event. Closed event.

June 26, 27, 28, at Solid Lifter Showroom Carlisle All GM nationals. Open to the public.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
The April 30th display in Scottsdale AZ will be a once in a lifetime event.

This is a very special day as N100001 will be on display and in addition a very special guest will join us.

Scottsdale Resident Herb Leitz the Plant Manager of Chevrolet Norwood Final Assembly will be there to say "Hi" and talk about the Norwood plant and its operations.

Herb was the Deputy Plant Manager under Jack Rhodes from 1967 through early 1969 and then succeeded Mr. Rhodes as the full plant manager through the end of the 1971 build out.

The Herb Leitz "reunion" will be hosted at the Barrett-Jackson showroom in Scottsdale and Herb will be there most of the day to meet and greet Camaro and Firebird owners. Bring your car and a sharpie marker - Herb will be happy to sign and autograph or your trunk lid if you want him to.

There will also be copies of the Team #1 Norwood employee newspaper front page from 1970 that Herb will also autograph if you want a copy.

Several artifacts will be on display including the ultra cool "Norwood production gang Wire Tree" which was a gift to Herb While at Norwood. Here is Herb on the right side of the vintage photo accepting the Wire tree in 1970.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
This Photo is Herb and his extended family today. He is now 88!

The man in the center of the family photograph is Steve Leitz - Herb's Son. Steve worked the assembly line at Norwood in 1968 while attending school.

Steve will also be in attendance at the Herb Leitz Reunion to meet and greet and talk about life on the "long line" while assembling the 1968's.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Gotta be kidding me! I so wish I could go to that.. Heres hoping at least one the CRG boys will arrive and finally see the light roll