Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  Norwood Discussion    Announcing "Echoes of Norwood"
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Announcing "Echoes of Norwood"
 Login/Join 
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted
I am pleased to announce that the long awaited book is complete and ready to order. Cheers 100% made in the USA too. us flag

www.norwoodassemblyplant.com

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
Congrats Phil!! I will only order if mine is signed by the author!!!

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3063 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Done! signed copies will ship directly from me so use the Mail in option and I will be glad to sign it for you. Big Grin

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Here is an early PROOF with the fold out prints... first time ever for a complete set of line prints! And this is Norwood!!! racer

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Just ordered mine.. waiting with baited breath while I sit next to my Norwood Pacecar working away Big Grin Cheers

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13406 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I've spread this topic across the boards so everyone will see this. In a few days I'll return the boards to normal. I'm proud of you for the work you've done here... Capturing the flag before its too late Mr Borris racer

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13406 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<1969L89Jeff>
posted
Congrats Phil.
Will order mine soon.

Jeff Masishin

L89

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

That is a great L-89! Your car's engine compartment currently appears on page 127 in the first edition of the book-in an area reserved for production quality and related technical discussion. Your car in its original condition as delivered preserved in that photograph has historic significance.

The men of Norwood agree also after looking at the images provided that your car is exactly the way they were built during that period.

In this way you and the original owner- have preserved automotive history and the photo provided adds real depth to the technical discussion.

Jeff= first

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Just ordered my copy. I would like to have it signed. I am looking forward to reading it cover to cover.

Pete Sgro

Posts: 418 | Location: Springfield, Illinois | Registered: 18 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Pete,

Thanks! I think you will enjoy it. I am only currently discussing the book on two sites as of now. Here is a link to the other:

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255988

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Phil, congrats my friend. I'll order one for sure. My car didn't come from Norwood, but I have no question that the digging you did, the people you talked to, and your for certain extensive homework will be second to none. I'm also sure it will disspell some things we thought to be set in stone.

Posts: 1601 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Congrats Phil! Great job well done I am sure. Will fire off a check today for a signed copy.

Posts: 2961 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
BTW, would like to know more about that 69 above with the spring loaded dealer plate on the back of it. Can you imagine that from day one cars were all scratched up from the dealer with such tactics? Had forgot about those stretch springs for plates.

Posts: 2961 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
FANTASTIC!!! Put me down for a signed copy! Need to get a M.O. to you.

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<GaryB>
posted
Congrats Phil!! Order has been placed, I can't wait to get it!

Victory Lane
Picture of 2002Z4CSS
posted Hide Post
Nice book from what I can see. I love these kind of books.

2002 Camaro SS 35th Anniversary Brickyard 400 #22, SLP Build #0036 and 35th Anniversary Build #47

Posts: 351 | Registered: 24 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Racing
posted Hide Post
Conrats Phil! I can't wait to read it.

Posts: 129 | Location: Brockton, MA | Registered: 23 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Lee 93
posted Hide Post
Yes nice work. If it has lots of photos Im in...

Posts: 2797 | Location: Northeast side of Indianapolis | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Photos...aplenty Cheers.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Supporter 2009
Racing
posted Hide Post
Hi Phil if i buy four books is the shipping the same. Thanks

Posts: 129 | Location: Brockton, MA | Registered: 23 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Bob,

Yes I can combine shipping on multiple book orders. Send me an e mail at the address at the site and I can give your reduced total there.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

<RandyV>
posted
Fantastic Phil! Congratulations. I'll be ordering a copy for sure. This looks like a real piece of history.

My best friend and went out of our way to go through Norwood while traveling through Ohio back in '88 or '89 just to see where the cars had been built.

It's always fascinating to see what really goes in to the assembly process. Too bad my 82 pace car was built at Van Nuys. Smiler

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
This is great guy's I feel the passion...
us flag

Posts: 871 | Location: Port Orchard Wa. | Registered: 18 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

I had the honor of informing the retirees that the book was ready to order and despite the proof reviews (where these guys had a chance to review the material in advance) my phone is ringing off the hook.. these Norwood Workers and Managers are very excited. racer

Also...I am doing my best to get the books out early- I will keep you posted on a potental earlier ship date when I have it. Cheers

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Due to better than expected sales of the book –We did the math and calculated that we actually ran out of the first batch of the special paper that will be used for the initial print run with last Friday’s listing of orders.

All books ordered after 1-25 will ship as part of the second paper order which should only delay shipment by a few of days at the most.
As of right now all orders should ship either at the start of the week of February 4th or the end of that week.

Ironically John Z’s order (CRG) will be the first book printed on the second batch of paper. Thanks for the order John!

Phil@camaropacecars.com