Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Mechanical    Car #90 needs a motor
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car #90 needs a motor
 Login/Join

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
cast looks like A 4 7 to me

January 4th 1967

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13406 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
This POP was with the car.. showing the motor that was removed

Posts: 13406 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
MQ would designate a L-78 4 speed would it not?

Posts: 871 | Location: Port Orchard Wa. | Registered: 18 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Yes but that motor was yanked at GM Engineering for whatever reason and this motor was installed.. So to properly restore car 90 to INDY spec one would need to duplicate this engine (the MY motor pictured) and decide what to do about the incorrect VIN ( would would probably leave the VIN off all together as this is a unique situation and pulling the wool over peoples eyes is NOT the objective).. It is clear to me that this engine came from another Camaro that was at Engineering for other design reasons so this motor was a spare to the Engineering Dept. This motor was taken apart and hand blueprinted and super double checked so as to avoid any embarrassment at The Race Big Grin

Victory Lane
Picture of Z11Weaver
posted Hide Post
Car # 90 needs to come live at my house.

Posts: 1416 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 02 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
b ump