Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  Her Majesty the Queen    A Warm Welcome for a Queen!
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Warm Welcome for a Queen!
 Login/Join

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Jan,

Lots of speculation on IF the Camaro is again chosen as the IMS Pace car next year. If so then it may be logical to assume that if GM emerges from BR flush with cash then we may see replica's and a reunion at IMS.

Could be, and we would love to see you! Big Grin

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Queen's 33>
posted
I'll be there!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Jan if you go I'll trailer my car all the way out...and see about setting up a tent etc if The Track will allow...I bet a ton of 67's would show up given enough lead time Big Grin
Hope alls well with you!

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Mike Lakin always seems to have his finger on the pulse of whats happening at the track. I bet he'll keep us informed. It seems to me The Track historically doesn't make decisions very early so its always a rush at the end. Hopefully that won't be the case in 2011

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Larry C Weaver>
posted
I'm planning on going, will drive the car all the way there! Maybe I should call my chiropractor now and book ahead with him,that is a long drive in a 40 plus year old car!Tom, we should hook up for the trip and travel together!
Da Weave

2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a caravan of pace cars starting in Boston, and picking up cars along the way. Toronto, New York, several east coast states along the way, heading through Ohio would just keep picking up cars. What a site it would be to see a couple dozen or more cars in this caravan of Pace Cars.. racer

Posts: 2961 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Weave , that trip from NY to IN is a walk in the park.... racer Dont be so soft Cheers If Jan is going to be there I will be sure to be there for the event. It would be great to meet you and your husband and talk about way back when .... Also if anyone is driving over I would be up for a seat if there were any seats to be had for the road trip first

Posts: 2769 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Larry C Weaver>
posted
Geoff,you bring something so I dont have to listen to Bates snore and you got a ride from upstate ny!! Big Grin It's not the length of the ride thats a problem,it's just that damn seat!After about 2 hours it's pure agany!!!It's aprox 11 hours from here but I will be there.We missed a reunion in 91 because of my cousins death,that even after he told us to take the car and go,kinda owe it to him this time!
Da Weave

Victory Lane
Picture of Ed F
posted Hide Post
Ok the challenge has been laid down. Weave, you drive from NY, I'll drive from Oklahoma, 12 hrs.

ps-if I can a mileage waiver on my insurance.

Posts: 733 | Location: Sooner Country, Oklahoma | Registered: 28 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Anyone driving from the West Coast???

Posts: 2769 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<67 Indy L34>
posted
Is it my imagination or is the pace car in the foreground sporting a standard blue interior?

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
God eye! It sure looks like it,does'nt it. That would be another "first",at least for me. Who has close up Indy photos to look at?
Andy V

Posts: 540 | Location: Southeast Ohio | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
I'd agree it looks very non deluxe to me.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Great spotting there - compare it to the interior of the car next to it where you can see the white insert. Even the colour looks different??? Possibly std blue rather than the bright blue?

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
The car in front definately has decals on the door... I wonder what this car was??