Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  Her Majesty the Queen    A Warm Welcome for a Queen!
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Warm Welcome for a Queen!
 Login/Join

Victory Lane
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen!

I would like to offer up a Warm PaceCars.Com Welcome to the Queen of the 1967 Festival 500!

Janice Louise Cruse!!

Bill!!!

I'm not sure how you were able to do it!!!! Maybe I should hook you up with some of my old Zone contacts! Wink

Welcome aboard Queen's #33!

Jan's insight to the feelings of the day are like no other! The stories that she will share will probably not help solve some of the mysteries that still revolve around our hobby but they help paint a picture of a time,not too different from today, where the troubles from over seas were making their marks on a college girl that would be Queen!

Welcome again!

Posts: 9137 | Location: Ventura, Ca. | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Pat Railsback>
posted
Hello from another Indiana State University Alum Smiler

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Queen's 33>
posted
Hi Pat, what year?

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
So cool! I got an email from Jan this morning and must say this is one of the best things to happen in a long time. We all know how tough it is for us " Johnny come lately " 67 event lovers to actually get to interact with folks that were involved in The Race.. And with Jan its particularly great Big Grin For one thing she didn't come in second roll and for another we have the Clary Bros. that still own her car! I'm praying for a picture of the car with The Queen! Smiler
Most of the men that had a hand in the race were older at the time and are now very old or gone.. Jans gotta be 20+ years yonger than them and a wealth of knowledge about things she probably doesn't even realize we care about.....

Jan thanks for stopping by!

Guys.. ( I say guys as we don't have any other active female members ) I think Jan is quite interested in seeing any vintage pictures we may have of her, the car, or other pageant contestants etc... so post up!

Welcome hello

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13406 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
OMG...... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin us flag hello

Jan,

Welcome!!!! Having you here is one of the best things I can think of... How many car questions can I ask? hammer The first being: How long did you have your Pace car and why did you sell it.... first

So many questions, I just do not know where to start. Cheers

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
BTW. You look very good in that photo. Very Queen like!! hello

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Larry C Weaver>
posted
All hail the Queen!!!! Big Grin Welcome aboard Janice!Should be some great storys
Da Weave

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Jan!!!

A warninng about the Da Weave!!!! roll

He is known as the Site Joker!!! Razzer haha Big Grin

Posts: 9137 | Location: Ventura, Ca. | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Jan!!

I'm going to start off with a question..

Do you recall if there was any sort of ceremony or such when you were given your #33?

And!!!.... Do you remember any sort of photo shoot being done?

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Was #33 awarded to you the day after the Ball?

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Ken Hauck, 1967 Festival Committee President and Jan at the Ball....

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Jan,

Here is the picture you asked me for.....

I think it looks a bit different from the last time you laid eyes on it! Frowner
I believe they are restoring the car now!

Do you remember where you turned in?

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I think Jan was given luggage amongst other items but was only loaned the car like Committee members..yes?
A first question: The pictures of the car taken when the Clary bros.( Hope IN?)got it around 8 years ago show a luggage rack bolted to the trunk lid?(see Tonys picture above) I speculated that the rack was installed to showcase the luggage you were given. Any truth to this? Did you recieve luggage and did the car you drove (#33) have a luggage rack on it then? Come to think of it: Did you actually get car #33? This has been printed etc for a long time. The numbers were put onto each car so people could tell them apart.. You cars number would have been in little blue vinyl stickers near the side view mirror on the drivers door and also on the back side of the rear view mirror. Whats the chance of you having a picture of yourself standing next to the car? Big Grin

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13406 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Welcome for sure. What you have seen here is a group of people searching for any tidbit of anything to do with the whole 1967 Indy and the Pace car. Many of us have interst in your insights of the day and congradulations on being chosen Queen in 1967.

Posts: 1601 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Welcome Jan!
It is very exciting to have a Pace Car Queen amongst our membership. Eeker We are all ears here. Smiler We are priveledged to have such Indy Royalty here. Any stories you may have and/or photo's would be great. We here at the Pace Car Trust love the year 1967 and anything associated with the Indy Pace Car. We are all nuts for this stuff! We welcome you with open arms and minds. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tom D,

Posts: 2067 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post