Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many Hard tops
 Login/Join

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted
I've seen a figure of 133 HT cars for 93. Has anyone been able to verify this figure?

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of PeterPar
posted Hide Post
According to the book 1993-1997 Chevrolet Camaro Codes and Quantities, there were 489 Pace Car replica coupes with the RPO option of CC1 Removable Glass Roof Panels. So if you do the math, subtracting that number from the total Pace Cars built should give you the number of hardtop cars.

Posts: 1017 | Registered: 27 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
so that means 136=625-489 (not counting J. Perkins special 6 speed.

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of PeterPar
posted Hide Post
These numbers are suppose to be from the CompNine data base. The book list the total number as 653 and 8 of these had the RPO of VS7 (Non Saleable Vehicle). I'll email a pdf of this page of the book.

In the garage
posted Hide Post
Peterpar Do you happen to have the Vin # of the cars with that rpo codes I will have to look at my car to see if it has that code I did post the tag on the door that said this car is not to be sold in the owners page.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 30 January 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of PeterPar
posted Hide Post
I would of answered sooner Larry, but I haven't checked the site for a while. To answer your question, no the book doesn't list any VIN's. However, if you read the 1994 January/February Camaro Enthusiast article, eight cars are listed used for Chevrolet Internal Use on page 52. I don't have any proof, but I think these cars could fit the reasoning for receiving the non salable VS7 RPO.
Here are the VIN's the article listed:
    100079 Pace Car #1
  • 100080 Display Car
  • 100096 Pace Car #2
  • 100098 Pace Car Raceday Backup
100099 Prototype Display Car
There are three other Prototype Display Cars listed, but sequence numbers not are given. If I remember right, your car's VIN is one digit lower than one.