Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1993 IPC at MCACN
 Login/Join

<1993 - #21>
posted
Lee 93 - I saw in another post the you are the Indy 500 Photo Man. I was just wondering if you had any photos of #21 in your collection. If you ever get a chance to look I would appreciate it.
Here is the photo I have of it from 1993. It is of #21 with Jim Dodson, former Director of the Indy 500 Festival, and his son Patrick taking time out to pose for a photo with a friend and my Festival Camaro #21. The photo is from inside the track at Indy and while the car was actually licensed to Jim during the 500 event, Jim did not drive the car in the parade that year. Instead his wife Dori had the honor of driving in the Indy 500 Festival Parade. It was really cool of Jim to send me this photo.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Lee 93
posted Hide Post
Jim has bought a car at the store I work at. Next time I see him in I will ask about that plate for you. When ever I meet an old Festival member I always ask them for plates. It seems to be a tradition for them to keep there plates. For a long time it was very hard to get a 93 plate. But in the last two years I have seem several turn up. I guess enough time has past.

I bought my 93 new three weeks before the race. All I knew was I was getting a festival car. They told me no way to request a number or predict what car each dealer would get. So I decided to just get a photo of every festival car I could locate. In all of the photos I never got a photo of my own. To this day I do not have a photo of mine at Indy or National. I was lucky enough to get several photos of mine in the Parade. I will try and check my photos in the next few days.

I was able to find photos of both of my trucks at Indy.

Always looking for more.

Posts: 2797 | Location: Northeast side of Indianapolis | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<1993 - #21>
posted
Lee 93 did I talk to you at the MCACN show? Someone I talked to there told me just about the same story as you. Was getting a car took pictures of everything he could and did not get his car. If you are different people then just maybe you have photos of each others car.

<1993 - #21>
posted
Jim knows I want the plate but I can understand him wanting to keep it. He has been real good about trying to help me get information and photos etc..... Did you know before this that he had a Festival Car in 1993?

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Lee 93
posted Hide Post
I have learned the names of most of the 93 festival members in case I meet them.

Posts: 2797 | Location: Northeast side of Indianapolis | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<1993 - #21>
posted
Festival Car #21 is on display at the Chicago Auto Show this year in the Illinois Camaro Club exhibit. Stop by and say hi and see the other great Camaros the club has on display.

Victory Lane
Picture of indyzdanny
posted Hide Post
You got to watch the weather really close when you get a good one out to take to a show in February....especially in Chicago! I did that one year with my 93 Pace Car. I don't have a trailer so drove it about 45 miles to a big indoor show in Louisville. Weather forecast was for nice weather for an extended period so I drove it up on a Thursday afternoon with beautiful sunny skies and 55 degrees. Show lasted till Sunday evening and the forecast changed by Saturday and called for lots of snow and sleet Sunday evening! I got lucky and beat the bad weather home by about 30 minutes and tucked it back away in the garage till springtime! Have not been back to that show with anything since!

indyzdanny

Posts: 1008 | Location: Elizabethtown, Kentucky | Registered: 09 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<1993 - #21>
posted
I agree. It is required to trailer it in with a closed trailer but I will return it home that way on the 22nd.

<1993 - #21>
posted
Here is #21 at the Chicago Auto Show now through 2/22 in the Illinois Camaro Club's exhibit. If you are going to the show stop by and tell them about your car. The ICC exhibit is in the far right hand back corner of the South Hall. It is two rows behind the Toyota test track. Enjoy the show.

Victory Lane
Picture of indyzdanny
posted Hide Post
Stay warm and enjoy the show!

indyzdanny

Posts: 1008 | Location: Elizabethtown, Kentucky | Registered: 09 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
I own the #20 car. Have fun at the show. Brad

Posts: 178 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: 04 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<1993 - #21>
posted
Brad there is a link of in this forum to photos from the 1993 Indy 500. It has several photos of car number 20. If you did not realize believe me they are there because I kept saying "ahh just one off". do you have any photos of yours in the parade where maybe car 21 is in part of the photo?

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Lee 93
posted Hide Post
I have sent Brad every photo that we have located from the race and National of car #20.

In the Parade the cars were not in number order. Not all of the 125 cars were used but I would guess 21 was. It should be about 40 93 Pace Cars, One truck and several vintage local Camaros from the club.

<1993 - #21>
posted
I agree that #21 was in the parade. My source is a former Festival Director who told me it was and that his wife drove it, so I think I am solid on that information.
Here is a photo from the Chicago Auto Show I thought you all might like this photo of Lynn Yenko, daughter of the late great Don Yenko of Yenko S/C. We were at the Illinois Camaro Club exhibit together and she was kind enough to take some photos with #21.

<1993 - #21>
posted
For Sale:
1993 Indy 500 Festival/Parade/Track Camaro #21 with less than 14,000 miles.
- Indy Parade Car ( #21 ) for Mario Andretti. (See Photos)
- Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals 2014 Display Car
- Member of MCACN Showcase Display Registry # SC1114-1480 (Looks better now than it did at MCACN)
- Seen at 2015 Chicago Auto Show as part of the ICC Display
- Professionally judged twice. Both times took first place for class.
- Numerous Local Car Show Trophy Winner Professionally Detailed in 2017
- New Opti-Spark and Plugs 2017
Asking Price $23,000 Serious offers considered.– Contact Wayne 630 440 3221 (Located in Chicago Western Suburbs)