Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1993 IPC at MCACN
 Login/Join

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted
Wondering who had the 1993 at MCACN this year and is that person a member here?

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
This car:

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Lee 93
posted Hide Post
Why didn't they just get a real 93 not a festival.

Posts: 2797 | Location: Northeast side of Indianapolis | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Are any of the 1993's in private hands?

IMS has one-GM still has the others I think??

Perkins Has/had the only Manual.

I drove #3 18 years ago. It was a hoot!

Other years..oh the memories!

I drove #92 from 1967 10 years ago another hoot!

I drove the actual 1982 IPC also.. It was the most ferocious sounding at idle with headers... Cheers

If I get my hands on 1969 #1 someday for a drive that will be all of them!

Phil@camaropacecars.com

<Larry Miller>
posted
Pace car #3 sold a couple years ago when GM was selling off alot there cars

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Larry Miller>
posted
The car at MCACN was festival car 20

<Larry Miller>
posted

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Thanks Larry.. so #3 is in private hands, that is good to know!

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Lee 93
posted Hide Post
The car sold for just under $30,000 back when GM sold off a lot of the pace cars they had. The buyer was a Chevy dealer in Montocello IN. Only about an 1 or 2 from that show.

Posts: 2797 | Location: Northeast side of Indianapolis | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<1993 - #21>
posted
The Festival Car at the 2014 MCACN show was actually my #21. I just found this post today so I will try to answer the questions I see in it. I am a private owner and so far I have one photo of the car at INDY in 1993. It is of the person the car was licensed to at the 500 and his son on the race track infield. If anyone has photos of #21 I wish you would let me know. As I understood it the 2 Festival Cars in the MCACN Exhibit, mine and the 1989 Trans Am, had unique stories because they were both cars that were returned to GM after the race for an employee raffle where the winner won the right to buy the car. I think this may have been the reason Bob allowed the 2 Festival Cars to be in this exhibit. It is planned that the car will be seen at the 2015 Chicago Auto Show in the Illinois Camaro Club exhibit. When I was at the show someone told me that the Jim Perkins car, which is the only manual one, is currently for sale for $50,000.

Me and my car a MCACN

<1993 - #21>
posted
Here is a photo showing # 21.

<1993 - #21>
posted
The driver of my car at the 500 still has the original plate and sent me this photo of it. Understandably, he would like to keep it. He also sent me a scan of the plate which I am using to create a replica that I can put on the car when I show it. He has been very helpful to me as I continue to try to build the history of my car.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Very nice car.. saw it there..

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<1993 - #21>
posted
Thanks Tom, It was a very fun show to be part of and Bob Ashton and all his people running it were great to deal with. As busy as they were putting a show of that size together and all, they would always take the time to answer questions, stop by to see if you were doing okay etc.... They even introduced me to the guy who restored the two 1969s I didn't ask they just got us together because they are really nice people. The other guy in the original posting photo was my Hagerty Insurance Man, he was working the show that day, so he got to see one of the cars he insures first hand. All and all it was a great experience.

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Lee 93
posted Hide Post
Very cool that you got a photo of it with the driver. That is more then most get. I got lucky and was able to get my plate from the Festival person that drove my car. I also was able to get 23 from her latter on as the plate she got to replace 42.