Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1999 Camaro Parade car
 Login/Join

<GL Lowman>
posted
Glove box 1

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<GL Lowman>
posted
Glove box 2

<GL Lowman>
posted
Last door jam pic. That's all we could find.

<GL Lowman>
posted
I've just sent a request for the original vehicle invoice. Thanks for the link PeterPar!

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of PeterPar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GL Lowman:
License plate

This picture is significant to me. The font used for the windshield number and the rear fascia numbers were the same. I've seen where people have replaced the windshield number because they were removed at some point time, but they have never been able to match the font originally used. Your rear number looks correct. These were made locally in Indianapolis and installed at the track when the rest of the graphics package were.

With the full VIN, I'm sure Lee will run a Carfax. This should show if the car was delivered to Indianapolis and dealer prepped there.

I don't think anyone here can or should authenticate the car. We can't substantiate the accuracy of the records we have. The fact that car has the stripes and rear fascia number, plus the VIN being in the same range as other known cars are positive indicators that it was used at Indianapolis. Determining if the car was delivered there will only add to the above.

Have you looked in owners manual portfolio for the window sticker? That's where I found my 98's.

Posts: 1017 | Registered: 27 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<GL Lowman>
posted
Have you looked in owners manual portfolio for the window sticker? That's where I found my 98's.[/QUOTE]

Yes. We looked. Sadly it's not there.

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of PeterPar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GL Lowman:
I've just sent a request for the original vehicle invoice.

That's a good deal. You should have an email reply in a couple of days with a pdf attached. In my experience, the DAN number and other information listed can be used to verify the car's use at the track.

<GL Lowman>
posted
Yep! I got it, filled it out. They said it should be 5-10 business days from today.

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Lee 93
posted Hide Post
Car Fax shows GM held it an extra year. Maybe it did an extra race or maybe it just sat in a pool of unsold cars at the auction.

Posts: 2797 | Location: Northeast side of Indianapolis | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<GL Lowman>
posted
Interesting. Thanks Lee

<GL Lowman>
posted
I can also tell from the Carfax, that this is a one owner car. My Dad. Well, I guess 2 owner since my brother & I have now titled it in our names. Same family since sold new!

<GL Lowman>
posted
Well that didn't work out.....

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of PeterPar
posted Hide Post
I believe all 4th generation Camaro's were built in Canada and I have purchased invoices for my three Brickyards manufactured before and after yours. This doesn't make sense.

<GL Lowman>
posted
Do your Brickyards say on the door jam "MFD by General Motors of Canada LTD."?

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of PeterPar
posted Hide Post
To my knowledge, the only place the 4th generation Camaro was built, was in Canada. The first digit of the VIN number stands for country of origin, which the 2 designates as Canada. The eleventh digit of the VIN designates the assembly plant, which the 2 stands for St Therese, Quebec. All of my cars, plus every 93 through 02 Camaro VIN I've seen are shown listed this way. And to answer your question, yes mine show the same as yours on the door tag.