Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1999 Camaro Parade car
 Login/Join

<GL Lowman>
posted
Thanks for the added info. I just replied to them and asked the person to check higher up the supervisory chain. I told them that I have a friend who has Canadian made Camaros who's gotten invoices from them.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<GL Lowman>
posted
I got the same response from them again. Thank you guys for trying to help. This car is for sale. Open to offers from group members before we put it up for auction on Ebay. Feel free to email me at garylowman@hotmail.com

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of PeterPar
posted Hide Post
For anyone interested, here's a link to an ad for this car. Good luck with the sale.

Posts: 1017 | Registered: 27 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
Funny, if you have an old Chevy there are no records because GM didn't keep that information. However there is information if the car was shipped to or built in Canada as those records do still exist if I'm not mistaken.

St. Therese was the sole plant for 4th gen Camaro production. In fact our Camaro club was told by someone who would no doubt know, who also added that if repeated he'd deny he'd said it, St. Therese had it in their contract that if GM ever shut the plant down GM could not produce and sell an automobile with the Camaro name for 7 years. (Believe it or not, your choice.) I guess it took them an extra year to get it back into production, 2002 - 2010, 8 years. Maybe they we just being safe. Coincidence?????????????

http://www.superchevy.com/feat...tors-assembly-plant/

Good luck with the sale.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MLakin,

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<GL Lowman>
posted
Thanks for the link PeterPar. I can't get my post to work for me over in the For Sale/Wanted section. Keeps saying I'm exceeding my limit. The car is now also posted over on the Charlotte Craigslist as I know that area is a major NASCAR hub.

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of PeterPar
posted Hide Post
Gary, I found this picture of an window sticker from a 1999 Brickyard Camaro. This window sticker is listed on Ebay by Howard Kirchenbauer who oversaw the cars while at the track. The information on it should be the same as your car with the exceptions of VIN and Order Numbers and could be used to duplicate one for your car.

<GL Lowman>
posted
Wow. Appreciate that. Thank you.

<GL Lowman>
posted
Exciting news! I'm in communication with Howard Kirchenbauer. He oversaw the Indy 500 and Brickyard 400 Pace Car programs from 1982 until 2007. He's graciously offered to look up our VIN in his files and let us know what he finds.

<GL Lowman>
posted
Howard has now verified our Camaro was issued to Indianapolis Motor Speedway as one of their track/parade cars for the Brickyard 400. The man that was assigned to drive the car was Curt Brighton. If anyone in the Indy area knows Curt, I'd sure like to know which race car driver he carried around the track that year.

Thanks,

GL

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of PeterPar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GL Lowman:
The man that was assigned to drive the car was Curt Brighton. If anyone in the Indy area knows Curt, I'd sure like to know which race car driver he carried around the track that year.

Interesting, Curt Brighton was assigned Car #10 in 1998 also. Something Lee may know, was Curt the driver of the car on race day or was the car assigned to him during the time it was in Indy? Maybe Both?

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Lee 93
posted Hide Post
Curt was head legal conceal at IMS. I would be surprised if the car was any place other then the admin building in front of the Main Gate. He lived in Terra Haute IN so his cars would get higher miles then most. He left IMS after 2011 if I remember correctly. In latter years he was issued car #8 and the owner of a few car 8s had good luck aprouching him while he was still with IMS.

Posts: 2797 | Location: Northeast side of Indianapolis | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<GL Lowman>
posted
Thanks guys for your help with information about this car. The car sold today to Fast Lane Classic Cars in Saint Charles, Missouri.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
bump

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the garage
posted Hide Post
Well, as a newbie, I have something odd to contribute to this several years too late.

I didn't keep good notes on this, because Pace Cars aren't particularly "my thing" I specialize in, but someone either contacted me with these two images or I found them. Regardless, my note says the person who posted/sent them to me claimed the car was #10 of 10 NASCAR Editions. These images were saved by me on December 20, 2009.

What's interesting is that it appears to be the exact same car that GL Lowman was posting pictures of based on the billet grill and the windshield registration sticker.

4th Generation Camaro History
https://sites.google.com/site/brangeta/

Posts: 5 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 08 December 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post