Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1999 Camaro Parade car
 Login/Join

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Lee 93
posted Hide Post
No photos showing just car 10 but IMS might have some.

Posts: 2797 | Location: Northeast side of Indianapolis | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of PeterPar
posted Hide Post
Lee, are the windshield numbers in that picture white? Just curious if they are similar to what was used other years. Looks like they are positioned different too.

Posts: 1017 | Registered: 27 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Lee 93
posted Hide Post
The Vin is missing a number or letter.

Posts: 2797 | Location: Northeast side of Indianapolis | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of PeterPar
posted Hide Post
Noticed that, it's the digit between G and X.

<GL Lowman>
posted
Thanks for your help on this guys. Lee- as far as price, I'd like to feel confident that we know what we have before deciding. Do you guys feel sure this is a GM allocated Festival car?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of PeterPar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GL Lowman:
Do you guys feel sure this is a GM allocated Festival car?

Do you have a copy of the window sticker? It will show the dealer number it was delivered to on the bottom center of the sticker. If it is 25-164, that would be Estes Chevrolet in Indianapolis.

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Lee 93
posted Hide Post
I have learned over the years the Brickyard will not add much extra value to most buyers.

<GL Lowman>
posted
There's no window sticker with the car. I wonder if GM could tell us where they delivered it to?

Looking at Kelly Blue Book it looks like a $9,200 car. I don't think we could let it go for that. KBB doesn't take into account anything special about the car.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
Your not going to like this response but ... unless you find EXACTLY the right person who is looking for a 99 Festival car you will not get a premium for it.

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of PeterPar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GL Lowman:
There's no window sticker with the car. I wonder if GM could tell us where they delivered it to?

You can get a reproduction window sticker made, but you will have to purchase a dealer invoice to have it done. Here is a link to a site. This invoice will give the dealer the car was shipped to and the date it was shipped. It will also have a DAN number which should indicate that it was ordered for use at IMS. My 98 and 00 Brickyards both have a DAN number of BRICK and the 02 shows BR400.

Here's a link to the site for the window sticker.

Bill and Lee are right and Bill has had personal experience going through this process. It took a while didn't it Bill.

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Lee 93
posted Hide Post
Once we have the entire Vin we can learn most of the history. Both of my 98 Brickyards had a sticker in the inside door jamb and in the glovebox that also showed the PDI at Estes.

<GL Lowman>
posted
Thanks guys. We're going to get together tomorrow and look it over really closely.

<GL Lowman>
posted
License plate

<GL Lowman>
posted
Door jam 1

<GL Lowman>
posted
Door jam 2