Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1993 Z28 Hood insulation
 Login/Join

<jgrohio>
posted
Anyone know where I can find new hood insulation pad for my 93. I'm having no luck.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of indyzdanny
posted Hide Post
http://www.classicindustries.c...aro/parts/g3664.html

Says "arriving soon" in the on line ad, must be currently out of stock?

indyzdanny

Posts: 994 | Location: Elizabethtown, Kentucky | Registered: 09 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<jgrohio>
posted
I contacted them already they are no longer made and thats just what pops up on pages on items they don't have. They said same thing no one is making them at this time so its just a search to find one in good shape or sitting on someones shelf. At this poit may just start looking at cars for sale and try and buy a clean one from seller

Victory Lane
Picture of indyzdanny
posted Hide Post
Our cars are getting older and less 93-97's on the road all the time so parts will get more scarce unfortunately. The good news is my 93 Pace Car and 93 truck will be considered Antique Vehicles in Kentucky in 2018 and I will no longer have to pay any vehicle taxes or license fees on them!

indyzdanny

Posts: 994 | Location: Elizabethtown, Kentucky | Registered: 09 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of indyzdanny
posted Hide Post
Just got my new 2017 Catalog from Classic Industries for Camaro Parts and Accessories. Wow have they ever cut their inventory of items! Compare the last catalog I got to the current one. (current on top)
Guess parts searches are definitely going to get more difficult and rare items more pricey!

indyzdanny

<jgrohio>
posted
Anyone that needs the hood insulation, good news Detroit Muscle Technologies started producing one, they used my original torn one to make a master. Its a nice option if yours is missing or torn. However it is not a pressed molded one like original. But it sure beats missing or torn and really brought my engine compartment back to new look.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Good to know.. thanks

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13208 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post