My Forum Home Page
hypothetical Z-11 Value

This topic can be found at:
https://camaropacecars.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2590094833/m/2001088956

14 March 2017, 12:13 AM
<deputyb>
hypothetical Z-11 Value
can anyone ballpark the value of a real Z11 in the following condition?
body/frame separated, new hardware purchased and reassembled. body would benefit from being cleaned up on a rotisserie.(sp) Body is in fair to good condition, wheel wells on rear need openings replaced. Have 2 oem fenders (one with crash damage at front, and one extra fender from an ss car. Have at least one aftermarket rear quarter. interior has good bones as far a seats go, brand new CARS seat covers and foam for front ones. Have roll of orange vinyl and correct houndstooth. headrests are original as are seat backs and all need dyed/painted. Orig steering wheel is cracked on edge. have the wood grain dash covers and original am radio. heater controls need replaced or need levers replaced. all side glass intact. will need windshield. Have correct muffler/exhaust pipes. transmission is matching th400 that came in car. Non correct 396, .030 over with heads included. crank and rod ends match up and are correct. convert. top is new, but seems to have shrunk. will need correct radiator. radiator mounts/bushings included. Many need one corner balance can. Truck is clean. slight rust on inside floors. someone may have cut holes for speakers in rear armrest/sails, as there are holes there. new carpet included. New chrome windshield header attachment panels where sun visors attach, have never been installed. correct mirrors needed. plastic dash may need replaced but is quite useable in survivor mode. floor shifter complete. console complete with gauges. (do not believe it is factory option on this particular car.) Speedo is ok, tach seems to have bent needle..hard to see but I suspect it. will need dash pad. have original seat belts but I don't know if they will clean up enough. will need correct mirrors. chrome windshield trim included. will need under hood wiring. someone at one part put a small block in here and altered the wiring. non a/c car. has heater. hood should be replaced i think. new header panel and valance panel. all parts for vacuum headlight door openers intact. will need grill. have most if not all emblems and parking light bezels. no battery/tray/cables. I entered into an agreement with another hobbiest to restore this car with my basic investment being the car itself at $22k. nothing has been done except frame removed, blasted, powder coated and reassembled. the partner took care of that. We agreed on a method based on percentage of final value of vehicle when completed that would give us each some of the sale of the completed car. I may have to sell the entire car now and pay him for his work, but how can I even come up with a starting price. not a basket case, lots of parts come with it. any ideas? thanks Brothers.
27 January 2019, 09:17 AM
Chevynut252
Good morning! I can't tell if you are still a member but I'll respond anyway. This forum does not seem to have much activity seeing that no one responded to your question.
I'm in the same situation trying to prove that my project Z11 is worth the money I'm asking. Responders on Craigslist are bottom feeders and challenge the value of original Z11's and VIN tags. Did you ever get a response to your questions? Do you know of another site that has more action? Thanks, Pat
27 January 2019, 12:29 PM
Bill B
Value is always a hard item to nail down when you take into account the considerable time /cost it takes to restore a car correctly plus how much originality is to the buyer and what documentation he / she is looking for. I was just at the Mecum auction in Kissmmee recently looking for a 69 IPC. There were a few there and the one I wanted went to 55K and was near perfect and sold. In my POV a great buy for whoever got it.

Two others that needed "work" came in at over 60K and 50K, both no sales. Go figure.

I guess the best way to gauge pricing is to look at the auction results, both sales and high bids, NOT asking prices at collector dealerships or eBay.

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)
27 January 2019, 02:41 PM
Chevynut252
Hey Bill, I responded a while ago and can't see it here so maybe in Never Never land? I want to thank you for your reply and words of wisdom concerning Pace Cars. I will want I while longer so as not to repeat myself but wonder where my earlier notes are.
Thanks again. Pat