Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Lounge    Check out this trim tag
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Check out this trim tag
 Login/Join

Victory Lane
posted
Thought I found a convertible with headrests, The more I look at this it seems to be a repro. No dash after"LOS". The S092 is out of synch by a mile.The 5 seems to close to the 2 on the group code.Build date is to early for VIN. Description says factory AM/FM, but I didnt know a CB was an option back then. Darn thought I found something.

Posts: 907 | Location: Lubbock,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post

Posts: 907 | Location: Lubbock,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
That's weird because this tag is text book upper left dented... I save pictures of dented tags.. MANY are dented in this location

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Phil Borris is excellent at fake tag findings.. Maybe he will see this post.

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
I've seen many other LOS cars without the dash. Also the VIN falls right in line for a November second week car. The body number is okay for the car as well. Check out this tag from a car that was probably built the same day. The VIN number is 124677L120525.

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
I stand corrected. I didnt know some tags were missing the dash after LOS.

Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Yea the LOS plates can have some strange deviations. Rossi is on the job here, and there is not much to add on this one. Looks Ligit.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
The only thing I would add is that I've added that tag to my folder of dented tags. I always thought it was dents from motor replacements. NOT SO. Lots of original motor cars have it and original firewall paint not smeared.. Had to have happened before paint... Maybe the body coming off the buck? maybe a glass setting machine?... who knows.. I'd love to find out though.

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Radio doesn't look OEM?? Don't think the General did 'em this way...

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
...reminds me of cramming AM-FM-8 track from a '70-something Impala into my Camaro dashboard; around 1978(ish)?

Probably cost me more bucks for sheet metal restoration than I paid for the radio...

fun times in those days!!

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
...and I just hung my CB radio under the dash.

10-7 boys...

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Just for grins here is what the two way radio might have looked like in 1967.This is the 1964 Mustang Pace Car. There are many pictures with the hole in the 1967 Pace car from removing the antenna.There is a picture of the of the antenna on #92 in the Camaro Corral.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
SHARP CAR

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
#92 antenna "hole"

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
The Van Nuys tags were all over the map. Here is an 11A car VIN 114197.

cowl tag LA 11A

Posts: 1602 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post