Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Lounge    2022 Camaro Nationals
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2022 Camaro Nationals
 Login/Join

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
A bit of just about everything...

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
More 'everything'... A very eclectic gathering here. This is Row 2 behind the '69 Pacer and the RR (on second look, I think its actually a Z-10 coupe?)...

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Like I said... 'everything'... I think these are in the owner's personal collection...

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
I loved the license frame. It's attached to a '65(?) Impala restomod...

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Another '69, with friends, in the 'rotunda'. Opposite the circle, a Hot Wheels car(I think?). My apologies to the Chevelle, where I stitched the photos together.

Not pictured were a pair of '93 pacers just out of view to the right...

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Not a pace car but still very cool... "Grumpy's Toy" tribute car...

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
1997 Brickyard Z28... Yours for only $75K (if not already sold)...

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Matched pair of '82's...

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
And lastly... one more Pace Car...

I had to get this one, the in-laws have some kind of family joke about Studebakers...

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Charlie! Having seen your attention to details I am VERY curious what items on your car were considered incorrect? Fill us in! AND CONGRATS! what a ride... Smiler

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Charlie, I'm speculating that the Bow Tie class is where 4-5 judges spend 30-60 minutes judging the vehicle for a possible score out of 1000 points. Things may have changed since I was there 10 years ago.
For those seeking more info please fill us in on how it works.
I understand that once you have Bow Tie completed you can try for Legends judging where they put the vehicle on the hoist and perform a more thorough inspection over a longer period of time and a score out of 5000 points. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Just noticed the questions above. Sorry for delayed response. Have been seriously 'distractified' since returning to the real world from PA...

Tom, I'll get back to your question shortly with details... I may spin off a separate thread on the transport experience (UGLY)...

David, what you described is a very good summary. That's still how it works (in a nut shell). W/respect to Legends, also correct. One minor clarification, this year for Bow Tie they had 4-5 small groups of judges ('group' being ~1~3 people), each focusing on a specific part of the car (engine bay, trunk, interior, body/paint/trim, undercarriage/wheels/tires). For Legends they only have 7 judges listed, not sure how they divvy up the workload.

Legends has very limited entry because of more in-depth review at that level. 'Bow Tie' is considered to be kind-of like a 'qualifying round'. A 'knock-your socks-off' Bow Tie entry MIGHT be 'invited' to submit for future Legends entry. Either is, of course, optional, and also there are other classes where the entry is more open. More info can be found at: https://www.camaronationals.on...als-judging-options/

A judging manual (guide) for 1969 Camaros was published late in 2021. The contact person is Brad McAdam, who I believe used to be active on this site (if not still). Ordering info. can be found at: https://www.camaronationals.on...1969-judging-manual/

There has been much discussion about a similar manual for 1967-1968 which is still in the works. I've seen recent discussions at CRG indicating that Brad (and possibly others) are still gathering detail for '67-'68. Looking forward to its publication!

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I think the hard core correct restoration stuff is far less prominent than it was 15 or 20 years ago.. The hobby maybe has switched with the lack of attention span of the average American or something to that affect

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post