Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Lounge    2022 Camaro Nationals
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2022 Camaro Nationals
 Login/Join

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted
Is anybody planning on the 2022 Camaro Nationals (July 14-16)? Just wondering...

https://www.camaronationals.online/agenda/

[note] I wasn't sure where to pigeon-hole this so I thought I'd try here? (There's another high-level category/forum called "Camaro National shows"... but not sure if anybody reads it? ...and nothing there anyway?)

Posts: 670 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
No plans as of now. My red IROC is scheduled to appear at GM Carlisle in building T in June as of now.

The repurposed shopping mall/for a car show idea is interesting however.

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
I'll be there to check it out for a future pace car reunion especially if Indy balks again next year.

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Greetings from Morgantown!

The AUTO MALL is mind-blowing! GREAT concept and very nicely executed. Will post a few snaps soon as I can. Hotel is nice(ish), older but clean, people very pleasant. Web says 3 stars, who am I to argue?!

MR. BILL... LOOK FOR PM...

Posts: 670 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
More on the Auto Mall...

Whatever your preference, there is probably something here to appeal to everyone! From turn-of-century (meaning 1900-ish) horseless carriages, to high-end exotics, 'British invasion' (and other European) sportsters (50's-'60's), luxe limos of all types/shapes/sizes, a few retired race cars, and TONS of '60s-'70s muscle... i could go on & on. First-class everything.

Speaking of first-class... they also had a GORGEOUS '67 Pace Car earlier this year (04D, 350, L181A, LOS-1941). It was posted with $140K 'ask', and I'm told it sold for 'just under' (I didn't ask)(yet)... link: https://www.classicautomall.co...pace-car-convertible

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charley Maule,

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
Someone got an award. Charlie

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
GroupWAVE

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Do tell

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
I'm really behind on just about everything, that I put on hold leading up to the event...

I hear you get to meet some really great guys at these things. A first-time event for newbie (myself), but I have to agree.

My great pleasure to meet our esteemed Webmaster, Mr. Bill. Pictured here, with the guy I had cleaning-up my car (LOL)...

Also I got to meet KevinK, whose study (2011?) on the blue interior trim was a big influence upon our early direction. Not everyone can say their work was so good the General bought their car back!

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
After arriving late Monday (expecting to take delivery Tuesday AM); I was UNBELIEVABLY RELIEVED when my car was actually DELIVERED very late THURSDAY Wednesday evening. By that time I wasn't sure when I would see it again (or if at all)...

I guess the transport from PHX ran into almost every conceivable mishap (short of military intervention or Biblical plague).

By the time car was unloaded and put into the showroom, it was near 8:30PM local time. Note my camera/timestamp reads in PHX time (3 hours behind EDT).

The folks at Classic AutoMall were fantastic to work with. But by that time they wanted to go home! Cars were supposed to be in place by early afternoon...

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
...All of which left me, for cleanup time, however long it took for the judges to make it to my car Friday morning. Showing some mercy, they saved me for last, and walked slow!

Nevertheless, we lost about 30 points for 'cleanup' type items that would (hopefully) have been taken care of by a detailer. Which I had arranged for... if car wasn't delivered 2 1/2 days late!

This in addition to another 15 points off the top for non-original motor/drivetrain...

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Despite the setbacks... When the dust finally cleared, and the tallies were tallied... We ended up with a 918 score and a Silver award.

The experience was a huge kick. I wish I had had more time to enjoy the show and see the sights (instead of panic-driven last minute cleaning!)

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Enough about me... There were some pretty amazing cars at the show! Also at the Classic AutoMall!

Following this with some 'tourist'-type photos & links.

A few folks on Facebook have posted tons of photos. Here are a few links (no need to duplicate the photos):

There's about 70 photos here. A few of my car near the end. Thanks Mike R. for the heads-up...
https://www.facebook.com/photo...cb.10210316921956116

This is (I think) the 'official' Nationals FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/camaronationals/

Also a nice YouTube video at: https://youtu.be/V5_SHVQ93XI
(My car at the very end: direct link: https://youtu.be/V5_SHVQ93XI?t=1690

The one chance I got to get outside into the fresh air... First thing I noticed (of course) was this gorgeous Pacer, and met Ed Wight from Canada. He was part of a group from Canada, tailgating with a group of beautiful 1st-gens with Canadian plates.

I'll add a few more from Classic AutoMall, as time permits.

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
This beauty was among the invitational exhibits. I'm sure there is a story but I didn't get it. If anyone knows please chime in?

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
From the Auto Mall... Not every day you'll see a '69 Pacer alongside a vintage RR...