Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Lounge    Here at the Lambrecht Chevrolet Auction
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here at the Lambrecht Chevrolet Auction
 Login/Join

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
VERY hard to match old paint both color and texture. I learned that the hard way. Looks great to me. does this truck run? Did you fix the roof?

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure they are selling diecast scale models of these trucks at Wal-Mart all set up to tow a Corvette... It would be neat to ditch the Vette and put a Camaro on the tow rig for a display.

Great truck great colors!

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Phil, that sounds like a great idea! Headed to Walmart in a little while! Thanks!!

Posts: 2961 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Truck took very little to get running. Clean gas tank out, new fuel pump, points and coil (the original coil is good) . Pulled trans to free up clutch disk which was stuck to flywheel and pressure plate. Everything inside the bellhousing was crisp and shiny, just amazing.

Didn't touch the roof. With all the photos I have of the branch on the roof, don't think it is needed. When I take the box off to polish the back of the cab and front of the box, am going to see if the edge of the roof with drip rail can be raised back into place, but leave the dent in the roof.

Posts: 2961 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of PeterPar
posted Hide Post
Steve, have you ever used Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze? It does a great job of reviving enamel paint that has lost its gloss from being out in the elements. Might help to bring the old and new paint closer together in appearance.

Posts: 1017 | Registered: 27 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Peter, have been using the #7 for 40 years, awesome stuff. Have a metal half gallon can somewhere from the days it was called H7. I had in fact brought the old paint on the truck up with it, and it does exactly what you said it would do. Being a sealer and resealer, it doesn't last but a few days. Great stuff, we call it "goose grease" at my shop.

BTW, it is paintable, at least it says that on the bottle. Would never try it though, just can't believe it would work out.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
bump

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post