Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Lounge    Here at the Lambrecht Chevrolet Auction
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here at the Lambrecht Chevrolet Auction
 Login/Join

2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Here is behind the seat before cleaning, notice the gold overspray interior paint on the tank.

Posts: 2961 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Now down on the other end of the tank there is exterior color blue overspray on the tank.

Posts: 2961 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
pass floor front

2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
rear

2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
driver side

2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
seat is perfect. Notice how nice the seat tracks are before cleaning.

2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
passenger side seat back in

2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
tank cover back in place

2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
left side seat

2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
These trucks were shipped with the rubber floor mat behind the seat. It was still there. If it was laid in the sun it would flatten out, but going to buy a repro, and leave the original never unrolled, and behind the seat.

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
Steve, that is an incredible truck and story. What a historic timepiece! Thanks for taking the time to type that, fascinating! Seeing more details on some of the low mile MSO unsold cars, there were some oddballs for sure. If there'd only been twenty or thirty cars no one would've ever heard of it, but 500 is another story I guess.

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
WOW.

I heard the story of the cars being there.

Never knew the auction was coming up as this is something I would have liked to have been part of.

Steve , Im glad someone like you got the pickup and the Impala. first

When you get the time dont be afraid to tell us the stories and pics etc.

What a great opportunity Cheers

Posts: 2766 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Geoff,

I spoke a couple times with a good looking blonde from Australia wearing a jumpsuit with "Cougars " all over it. Think she bought the white Corvair coupe for $40,000.

Have lots of stories to tell. Met so many people from all over. Standing in line to pay for the cars was awesome. Most everyone was happy with what they bought, and knew they paid 2-3 times or more the going rate for similar vehicles. Thing is how do you compare a 1957 Chevy sedan with 47,000 miles on it that is 100% original from front to rear, was stored inside, and had zero rust to any restored vehicle on the market? Same goes for what I bought. Even the rougher day 2 vehicles were better than you find elsewhere, and had verifiable low miles.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
This is amazing. I'm curious to see how the original paint looks when cleaned and polished.. Don't change that dry cracked weatherstripping

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
To me this was one of the most amazing photos of anything I saw at the auction. Look at the gloss black enamel on the exhaust pipe. It would have burned off in a 3 mile cruise. Wonder when Chevy stopped painting the exhaust pipes on new cars? Have similar photo of a 1959 283 with the glossiest orange exhaust manifolds on the planet. That vehicle had 4 or 5 miles. Not overspray, they were fully painted orange.