Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Lounge    Here at the Lambrecht Chevrolet Auction
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here at the Lambrecht Chevrolet Auction
 Login/Join

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Lee 93
posted Hide Post
Did you order an LMC catalog yet!

Posts: 2797 | Location: Northeast side of Indianapolis | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<don961>
posted
A blue and white one, of course! Nice!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Lee, been doing a couple trucks the last few months, so have most the major catalogs including LMC already, LOL.

About 1/4th of all the vehicles there had the radiators and batteries stolen out of them, including ALL the C-10's. Butcher knifed the hoses, unbolted 4 bolts, and had a radiator for scrap.

Posts: 2961 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Lee 93
posted Hide Post
I was wondering if that was in issue. Did they do anything to them other then just park them? Looked like some people had helped them selfs to parts and broken windows.

Posts: 2797 | Location: Northeast side of Indianapolis | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
The 1959 new cars had a lot of trim missing. But where can you buy another 1959 Impala that is new and never molested outside of some thievery ? All the vehicles that were outside suffered strong weather damage. Paint fade, extreme green mold growing on the outside, cracked seals and rubbers, that kind of stuff.

Posts: 2961 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Here is a unique photo. Look to the upper left center of the picture. The truck I bought is parked there in the woods where it sat for over 45 years. This photo is 12 years old. How I know it is my truck is there was only 1 medium blue truck with a white roof.

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
The whole thing is kind of enlightening for me when it comes to auctions and car value, clearly it's not supposed to make sense. IMO it seems people paid a pretty large premium for the privilege to buy cars abandoned for decades and rotting in a field. Have to wonder what the floors are like and if they're rusted through.

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Steve.. you are amazing.. I can wait to see what these babies look like cleaned up or if you'll get them to run and function..

Mike.. To answer your question..I think for decades to come as these cars are flipped they will always be advertized as coming from this collection.. that'll keep the prices high.. This story was on world news tonight.. the whole planet knows about this as it was also on European television.

I never got the straight skinny on where all the muscle cars went..

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
Oh I get it, and really all-in-all it's a good thing. It's just it seems the collector car thing has kind of flipped IMO. The big value used to be in finding the cleanest original car and then over-restoring it making everything too shiny. They couldn't dust off that sweet original barn find and rip it apart for a full restore fast enough, sticking on Ford "Caution Fan" stickers and all kinds of inspection marks that may not have even been there. So it is cool to see that in the collector car world, clean, original, unrestored barn finds, flaws and all, are finally being recognized as bringing value to the hobby and bringing good money.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MLakin,

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Mike! your pretty on the mark there.. I bought that blue survivor type car and absolutely love the freedom of having a finite amount to do to it..( can only clean it and drive itwith a little of removing damage and incorrect replacement parts ). and not for nothing but cars like that get as many looks as a 1000 pointer.. go figure Roll Eyes

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Lee 93
posted Hide Post
I love all these old photos here and on youtube of this farm. I did not realilze how dense the Tree growth was. probably why we I could not find it on google earth last week.

In 1996 I was at Wyoming Teck and my roomate that was from Nebraska talked about a huge collection of cars just sitting out side. He had no details like types of cars, how many or how long or even the city. Just some place in Nebraska. Pretty cool for the hobby that we could save some of these.

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Kinda depressing to look at those cars that have wasted. Like the old saying... What could have been. Good score Steve.Once in a lifetime.

Posts: 907 | Location: Lubbock,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Tom, all the muscle cars got sold. It was very evident what we had there was 2 things. Lambrecht was a car collector, and had several buildings of cars, including the 1959's , some Corvairs, and some of the 60's series C-10's, and that 1958 green Apache that ended up being moved outside. Also the white with red 65 396 AC Impala was a car he lost storage on, and ended up outside. The rest was excess inventory full of oddballs that never got sold. Back in those days it was very common here at least for new car dealers to have a lot for storage of extra vehicles away from the main car lot. Dealers would have their extra inventory along busy roads so it would easily be seen. Not Lambrecht, his cars were kept at the old farmstead he rented to his top mechanic. More about this later.

Here was one of the few muscle cars at the sale. The sale book said the roof of the building collapsed on the car. This photo from 20 years ago makes it look like someone was fibbing...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1967 RS SS,

2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
I had 23 vehicles on my list to look at for the day 1 auction. Checked all the C-10 pickups, and the one I bought was the only one the engine was not stuck on. Not saying the others may not have broke free easily, but both vehicles I bought were free, and the oil in them clean and crisp. like it was just put in. Most vehicles were not that way.

Today we worked on cleaning up the interior of the truck, and getting the 2 of them (64 C-10 6 miles, and 79 Impala 4 miles)running. Put a gas tank on the 79, it was soft on the bottom, and had a 1/4 tank of bad stuff in it. Blew out the lines which were amazingly clean on both vehicles. Checked for spark on the 79, nice and hot. Primed the carb, and it fired right up and rang out the gas we primed with. Did that twice, and it ran fine after that. After sitting 34 years, the engine sounds like a new engine. As it ran a few minutes, you could smell the engine paint burning off.

Took the tank out of the truck, and it had about 5 ounces of 50 year old gas in it, about as thick as 60 weight motor oil. Cleaned the tank good, and it is fine. After removing the tank from behind the seat in the 64 C-10 and cleaning it out good.

The interior was cleaned gently so not to chance damaging the old paint. A good grease cutting cleaner that is gentle is LA Awesome as seen on TV. Buy it at the dollar store in a pump squirt bottle for $1.00. It's so cheap, and doesn't disturb paint.

After removing the tank, tank cover, and seat, the interior got a good light scrub. Then put it all back together and was going to get it started. Hooked up all the gas lines, was ready to gas it up, took off the distributor cap to see what the points looked like, and it was like new inside the cap. Cranked it to check for spark, none. Will get a coil in the morning.

Here's what you want after reading all that dribble. I have made friends with the guy in this picture from 1966. His dad was the lead mechanic at Lambrecht Chevrolet, and they rented the farmstead from the 60's through either the 80's or 90's (need to get that date hammered down). Anyway, he has lots of stories and pictures. He has the true stories. Here he is in 1966 and notice what is to the left in the rear of the picture, my truck. It was the only light colored C-10 with a white roof, the other 2 were red and black trucks. I don't believe this is in the same parking spot as the photo above. In many of the photos the vehicles seem to have been moved at times in different photos. Also seems like the 2dr's went somewhere over the years. They were not at the auction.

2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
This is how dirty these vehicles in the woods got. Tons of black and green mold. The windshield has been cleaned, but I left on all the auction chalk marks. The body cleaned up much better than I expected.