Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Lounge    Tom Weaver car #3
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tom Weaver car #3
 Login/Join

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted
Tom finally took the car to its first ever show and won the class.. This car is gorgeous and if Sappy sees this.. sits pretty damn good too! Congrats Tom ...

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I'm glad the car show world has switched to plaques.. they can be screwed to the garage wall by the dozens and you don't have to put up shelves that collect dust first

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of festival
posted Hide Post
Good for you Tom! I agree completely on the trophy VS the Plaque thing... The last set of trophies that I had were recycled for target practice. Big Grin

Phil@camaropacecars.com

Posts: 4788 | Location: Chillicothe Ohio | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Funny! I put like 2 dozen to the curb this springtime and some weirdo practically skidded to a stop.. gets out of his car and says " Oh my God are you throwing all those out? " I said yes and he had his trunk full before I made it back up the driveway roll

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
Special Olympics sometimes takes old trophies and "recycles" them for local events.

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Sappy787
posted Hide Post
Looks nice...

Posts: 842 | Location: Waterloo, Iowa  | Registered: 15 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Bill. I didn't know that.. now that you say that..maybe the guy that took them all KNEW something like that..It matches his enthusiasm Cheers

Victory Lane
Picture of Z11Weaver
posted Hide Post
First off, thanks for the prior compliments and postSmiler

I know this is a bit of a tricky question in this particular time of economic turn down, but was hoping to get an idea from you guys on what you believe our 67 PC to be worth in todays market. All of the local appraisers want 250.00 to put something in writing and you and I both know, they don’t understand the specialty or real value of this particular car. Ours looks just as good on the bottom side as it does up top. It could use some fine tuning in the detail of “Factory correctness” on the bottom side such as decals and markings and such, but over all looks TERRIFIC. This is needed to accurately put the right estimate on the automobile for insurance purposes. I have an idea, but wanted some opinions to substantiate my thoughts and to influence the appraisers. Thanks in advance,

Tom

Posts: 1416 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 02 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I have been tracking the few that are for sale right now. I do not believe any are as nice or pedigreed as yours.. they range from never meeting a reserve so who knows to 115K...

If I owned your car I would expect 80 to 85 grand for it.. after that I would feel bad about selling it..

my opinion

The market is rediculous right now.. all over the map and I'm not logging in any actual sales to speak of

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
You need the appraisal for insurance so the best plan is to do your homework and find the most qualified appraiser for your particular car. I found a guy who specializes in Camaros, told him what I had, he did some homework prior to coming to look at the car.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I have Amercian Collectors Car Insurance.. This company asks for 2 pictures and bases the amount you pay on the amount you say your car is worth. thats it.. no appraisal

Its my persoanl opinion that appraisals are not accurate and that its not possible for any single guy to be able to know or even discover the value of every and any car ever made.. Its actually foolish when you step back and look at it.. many insurance co.'s still require it though

I would note that I have not had any claims so I don't really know how good my company is

<tnpace>
posted
tom
Great job with the car, simply stunning
congrads
Tyler

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Z11Weaver
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tyler.

Posts: 1416 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 02 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
Same with Grundy or Haggerty; 3/4 shot of front, 3/4 shot from rear, engine bay picture. Then just tell them what you want to insure it for, an "agreed value" policy. Plus Grundy will even help look for parts if you have a claim, and will cover any component of the car if you ship it off somewhere for work and it is lost or damaged. Car looks awesome!

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Z11Weaver
posted Hide Post
This was just sent to me. My car from 1982. It was a wallet picture.