Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Lounge    November 66 Macys Thanksgiving Day Parade NY
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

November 66 Macys Thanksgiving Day Parade NY
 Login/Join

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted
The Camaro was chosen along with the Impala to tow some of the floats in the November 1966 Macys Thanksgiving Day Parade in NY.

There is some very limited film footage of several white Camaro convertibles towing floats as well as one blue Camaro convertible.

This is the only photo I could find.(which was listed as 67 parade ) Not sure if that's a mistake or not as this would then be a 68 - I cant tell in the photo if its a 67 or 68

Posts: 2766 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the Track
posted Hide Post
That's a 67. I don't see any side marker lights and I see the vent windows. A black nose, deluxe red interior. Looks great.

Posts: 90 | Location: colts neck, n.j. | Registered: 12 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Thats a great picture.. Hey is that Under Dog floating high above Cheers

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13406 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of SMKZ28
posted Hide Post
Geoff, thanks for posting this. I meant to post the picture and footage that I found of the Camaros from this event last Thanksgiving but it somehow slipped my mind.

This picture is part of an article that appeared in the September 2013 edition of Racer Magazine on the 1966 racing movie entitled Grand Prix.

The caption for this picture states, "Prior to its Dec. 1966 opening, Grand Prix takes center stage at the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade in New York. Yes, that is a somewhat bemused '66 Formula 1 World Champion Jack Brabham on the float."

Posts: 5040 | Location: Homer Glen, Illinois | Registered: 13 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of SMKZ28
posted Hide Post
You can see three minutes of home movie footage of the parade on Youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...TQLHuWhqFt6q--N0IcK7 Two different Camaros can be seen towing floats.

I took a picture of the Camaro towing the Grand Prix float that can be seen at 1:50 in the footage.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Homer Glen, Illinois | Registered: 13 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Nice , Thanks for posting.

There is a GM memo somewhere commenting on the Chevy cars to be used here.

From memory there was about 20 Camaros and a hand full of Impalas too

Posts: 2766 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
bump

Posts: 907 | Location: Lubbock,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post