Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Lounge    Tom & Mikes Street Freak
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tom & Mikes Street Freak
 Login/Join

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
OMG! Look at those shiny wheels and tires. Starsky and Hutch would be proud! yea

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Lee 93
posted Hide Post
I saw this on Facebook and thought of you Tom.

Posts: 2797 | Location: Northeast side of Indianapolis | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Lee 93
posted Hide Post
Cheers

Posts: 2797 | Location: Northeast side of Indianapolis | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Nice 70's paint scheme on that bird!

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Saw it as well. those rims are worth good money

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Ground away a little bondo to reveal this.. I'm assuming this is a bullet hole.. confused

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Hey Tom,
Couldn't these be holes for the dent puller? I think early dent pullers had a screw type tip on it to pull the sheetmetal out. Then they would countersink the top down for the bondo. That's why there was bondo there. Just a thought.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I thought so too but the rest of the sheet metal is perfectly formed.. and the velocity with which this hole was made was very high... who knows confused Big Grin

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Maybe we need to do some test shots at an ole clunker (preferrably a Ford) in a junkyard to see what the outcome is and compare! Big Grin

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I'd need a guess at the caliber.. I'm clueless about bullet size

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
It looks like a size of a BB gun ball, but I doubt that would go through the sheetmetal. Maybe a from a shotgun blast, but then the hole would be huge and not a couple. That's why I thought it was from a puller. If you have a BB you could put it in the hole to see if it matches the size. Big Grin

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
If the hole is a little smaller than 1/4 inch,it probably was caused by a .22 rimfire slug. A very popular size for poking holes in stuff. Not that I would know anything about that.... Wink

Posts: 540 | Location: Southeast Ohio | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
That definitely looks like a hole from a 22. Can you see any evidence that the bullet went through and dinged anything else?

Posts: 209 | Location: Millcreek, Utah | Registered: 20 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I'd have to find the window crank guts and look. Can't measure: its all welded up and bondoed now

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Things slowed down because of work etc.. but rallied hard this week. painted the belly with Nason Chassis Black.. Good thing I didn't use this on a stock car.. its too shiny! Looks good on this rig though