Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Lounge    Tom & Mikes Street Freak
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tom & Mikes Street Freak
 Login/Join

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Now I am really intriqued. Big Grin All those neat 67 Camaro's. I am sure everyone would love to see some more pics and stories about these wonderful rides. I know I would! Wink

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Been following this story for awhile, it's not about the car and the build. It's a great father and son bonding and adventure story. Congrats Tom for raising a son that would want to do this. BTW, the car looks great.

Posts: 2961 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Lee 93
posted Hide Post
Now thats a cool photo Tom. What a gathering of 35Th Camaros. Yes he is very generous... 2009 IPC

Posts: 2797 | Location: Northeast side of Indianapolis | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Dave Bates>
posted
Judging from the quality of all your previous builds, I have no doubt that this car will be awesome. Sierra Fawn yea

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Racing
posted Hide Post
I never been called an elf before but if that's what you want to call me tom you can roll racer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bob Martin,

Posts: 129 | Location: Brockton, MA | Registered: 23 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Dave Bates>
posted
Bob please tell us about your Z.

Supporter 2009
Racing
posted Hide Post
I bought the car last year from a guy that has owned it since 1978. He painted it black W/ Gold strips & added all the goody's Tom got. He parked the car in 1982 and only took it out a couple of times. I lucked out last year when he took it out to a small car show with a for sale sign as a 67RS. He did not know he had a Z. I was a bad boy & did not tell him. The car is Tahoe Turquoise RS with rear antenna that's all it has for options. I also have a Granada gold with white deluxe interior RS Z/28 with a nice list of options.

Posts: 129 | Location: Brockton, MA | Registered: 23 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Racing
posted Hide Post
I also want to thank everyone for the kind words. A lot of people on this site has helped me a lot and Tom No more six beer lunch's Cheers next time it will be seven just kidding yea

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
2 67 Z's.. Yea you heard that right Roll Eyes

roll

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Lee 93
posted Hide Post
So Mr. Elf, when do get see to see the others.... Cheers cool Z!

Posts: 2797 | Location: Northeast side of Indianapolis | Registered: 15 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Dave Bates>
posted
Tom has two pace cars, you have two Z's, I'm feeling inadequate, and very jealous. Congrats, and good luck with the restoration. Keep us posted with your progress.

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Hey Bob,
What luck for you he didn't know what he had. Big Grin Does it still have it's original drive train? 302 "MO" Engine? 4-Speed? Rearend? Very cool! Do you have pictures of the other Z28 too? I love 67 Camaro's! Big Grin
What is funny is that I have a Emerald Turquoise Camaro that I painted Black with Gold stripes to look like a Z28. Big Grin

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Racing
posted Hide Post
The car has it's original drive train and is rust free. Its missing motor acc. Alt,intake,carb,dist. The guy that owned it told me that the guy he bought it from drove it but drag race it. He said it had a hi comp. 327 with solid lifters. he lowered the comp. and put a hydraulic cam in it. I will find out what he put in it for pistons it when I take apart. I think it has the wrong pistons in it. The guy did all the work on car him self.

Supporter 2009
Racing
posted Hide Post
The Gold Z is all apart so no good pictures. I'm doing a Cortez Silver 69 Z right now. When that done I will be doing the gold 67 Z I have all the parts. So I hope it will go together quick. I will be busy for a long time. I have a lot of cars to do. Next on the list is a Cortez Silver 1970 Yenko Deuce and after that a 70 LS6 Chevelle And more

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Yea the comedy of the black car never ends.. Driving around all those years and never picking up a Camaro book or searching the web to decode the trim tag is mind blowing to me.. but TRUE! The 302 being mistaken for the 327 is classic.. the biggest irony is this guy painted Z stripes on the car not knowing its a Z for real... hot damn!

Bob has one of every desirable Chevy classic muscle car.. its fun just to hang out and be near all this stuff Cheers

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post