Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Lounge    Tom & Mikes Street Freak
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tom & Mikes Street Freak
 Login/Join

<Eric>
posted
Tom the car looks awesome!! I am interested to hear about the issues with the AMD sheet metal, particularly the fenders. I have heard generally good things about AMD...

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I have no idea how people use those fenders and have them actually come out right. The work involved as far as I'm concerned far outweighs the benefit. I was unable to match the fender radium to the forward door radius and the inner skirt that the hood hinges attach to was welded in so wrong that if you were to proceed you would have had to use way too many shims on the top to the point where the wiper valance would be so high that the wiper arms would not be able to be attached to the splines.. that was the death knell for me and off they came.

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Dave Bates>
posted
Yesterday, MCACN announced they will have a feature for "day 2" automobiles at the 2016 show. Perfect time/place to debut this car. No pressure Tom, but you only have 8 months to get it done. Big Grin

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Dave.. Mike an I have been side tracked by real life this winter unfortunately but we have managed to at least lay under the car for a few hours this past week.. I'd like nothing better than to do that but the car is far away still both time & money wise.. who knows though Cool

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
The stainless tanks they offer now can be polished up very nicely

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Getting ladder bars from a 70-81 Camaro to fit is a little more difficult than first thought but they look bad arse

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
This is a vintage Moroso chrome " show bar ".. Fitting it requires a lot of holes and a slight butchering of the package tray.. UGH.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Its hard to tell but the overspray job on the floor boards really helpsit look like an original paint job and all the chrome is dusty and water spotted but once we finish the belly and clean it up it really should look crazy

<Dave Bates>
posted
Looks good!

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Hey Tom! What's status on you & son's 'family project'? Been wondering while out-of-reach myself...

Charley

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
SLOW Charlie but there is progress! I backed up and chromes the whole front suspension etc

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Suspension

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Springs

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Crazy

Posts: 1602 | Location: Canada | Registered: 13 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
bump