Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Lounge    Vintage 500 Race Photos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vintage 500 Race Photos
 Login/Join

<Pat Railsback>
posted
Hi guys, I'm sure you all are very aware of this treasure trove of race photos. Since I've been out of the loop for awhile I will post the link anyway. I'm really enjoying them! Lots of pace car photos!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/...57631227767472/page1

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Racing
posted Hide Post
Great treasures !!!
Thank you Pat

Posts: 189 | Location: FRANCE | Registered: 12 January 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Pat great pics.

I don't know if we have discussed this before or not but check out the cutout in the bumble bee nose stripe above the SS emblem.

Do we know what this is?

Posts: 2769 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
I noticed that also Geoff, it that #90? Never seen that in pictures of #92 so it must be. We know there was some concern with security, the locking gas cap on #92, and I beleive I've heard rumours of chain's/locks to prevent the hood from being opened. So could it be the key hole for some sort of alarm system? Or being right up there near the battery a cut-off switch of some sort?

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Pat, Great find for a lot of interesting photos. One of the things that got my attention are the different types of jackets , windbreakers,emblems and caps.
Going thru the pictures I too noticed the bumblebee cutout. This brings to my mind- if it a permanent item, ie, a keyhole ,was it placed there before the painting of the stripe? Looks like it might have been taped off before painting the stripe.
Can anyone zoom in on the mirror number to tell which car it is ?
When was the time capsule supposed to be opened? Maybe the VINs of all cars are there...LOL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Michael Wilson,

Posts: 907 | Location: Lubbock,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Hi guys-- I'm enjoying the vintage photos recently posted here and several other recent threads (https://camaropacecars.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2510094833/m/9211057756 for one). Thanks for posting; and it always amazes me how much of this old stuff people are able to find.

Does anyone remember seeing (and where can I find it?), one particular photo I saw someplace a while ago?-- It shows the '67 Pace Car coming out of a corner, with the field stretched out behind it on one of the pace laps. There was an artwork inspired by this photo that somebody later made into a wall poster that was sold by several of the big suppliers. Anybody familiar with this photo?

Thanks-- Charley

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
This one?

Posts: 2769 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Or this one?

Victory Lane
Picture of Charley Maule
posted Hide Post
Geoff you're amazing. Both pictures are great. The poster looks a lot like #2. Thanks!!

Posts: 669 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 14 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
I believe I do have the poster you are referring to somewhere .....

urgh now just where is the question - roll

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
I have these two. This one is 41"by 36"

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Bill B
posted Hide Post
Poster

Bill @ Camaroipc.com (remove the spaces)

Posts: 3064 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
bump

Posts: 907 | Location: Lubbock,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post