Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Lounge    A very intersting car
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A very intersting car
 Login/Join

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted
This fellow Paul Oneill contacted me. He has a C4 non Pacecar that was clearly used by an Indy dealership for promotion during the weeks of the Indy 500 in 1967.

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
This

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Assuming Paul will be online soon to tell us more about this car?

Welcome Paul hello , what's the story on your car?

Any pictures?

Posts: 2769 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
The daughter of the dealership owner found this! Get a load of the hand writing were the dealer paid Chevy for the car and how they did the math on the profit on the sale of this car.. I've never seen this before.. excellent

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
The car is complete but needs the motor redone and a big old cleaning.. I think he said its been sitting for 27 years! This guy even toured the Norwood plant the last year it was open.. I told him he should restore the car and put the decals back on to match the original photo as we have many stories of non Pacers being used but no solid proof like this picture shows

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
The tag is CLOSE!

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I'm linking this thread to him now.. He's a super guy. I asked him to please ask anyone still alive about how and were the Dealership got the decals... Maybe from the Zone guys?

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
When this car gets restored it will be super unique with black stripe and pinstripe and the blue top woth blue deals! gorgeous and a great car to talk about when its at the shows... a real hidden jem. Great options too with the 3:55 and 4 speed-350

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Bill McDonald Chevy

The dealership owner was clearly hard core CHEVY!

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
No more questions to be answered by Bill RIP

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Vette was sold 2016

Supporter 2007
Victory Lane
Picture of L181A L35
posted Hide Post
VERY COOL!!!

Posts: 1696 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Yea this car would be in my fantasy collection of all variations of 67 Camaro Indy Cars

Racing
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of my old car. I put the black stripe on it and black pin stripes. new owner changed them to blue

Posts: 178 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: 04 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
I remember that