Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Lounge    1967 Mod Tops!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1967 Mod Tops!
 Login/Join

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Jon,

Any other photos??

Posts: 9137 | Location: Ventura, Ca. | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
What is with the body colour wheels and tyres? Is this actually a Z28 or just an RS which someone got carried away with and added the Z28 stripes and the Mod top and of course those lovely wheels and tyres?

Posts: 2766 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
Picture of MLakin
posted Hide Post
Well those do look like they could be 15" wheels.

Mike L.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Indy | Registered: 20 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<GaryB>
posted
Well...it may be ultra rare and unusual. Maybe even worth a ton of money if it is still around, but I'm sorry.....it's fugly!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Gary.. if O owned that car thats exactly how I'd retore it! Of course I'm pretty classless but I think its awesome.. I too wonder about the stripes..Is there anything else that proves it to be a Z..
Cool car.. I didn't even know they invented chrome mylar sticker stuff back then... very cool

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<1967Z28>
posted
No more pictures at this time, Tony. Maybe some more will show up. There is a list of the first 25 Z-28s built which came from the files of Vince Piggins himself. Funston got the 25th one and it was built in January '67. There are no details on how it was optioned but this car with the 15" wheels, stripes and lack of engine ID on the side seems to point to it being that car, especially with snow on the ground. The original owner of the 13th Z-28 built still has its body broadcast sheet and it shows the rally wheels being body color. It was something that could have been done by the factory but whether the Funston car had body color rallies from the factory is only a guess. I suspect that the wheels may have been painted by the dealer when they installed goldline tires to match the body color.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Your right..I see no badges on the side
Body colored rallys! wow, that doc I'd like to see for our special paint research Eeker

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<RickDawn67>
posted
Guys,

Isn't it also an RS Z-28? I see the backup lights below the rear bumper....

I didn't know they had goldline tires back then?

Looks to be a really cool race car to me!!! Eeker

<1967Z28>
posted
Tom,

Here is part of the BBC showing the letter A in box 109. The color of the car was Tuxedo Black (code A). A silver rally wheel has the letter X in box 109. The tire size demonstrates the car is a Z-28.

-Jon

<rogerh>
posted
Guys I just got my Mod Top replaced the other day. It still needs a lot of work but I hope to have some pictures soon.

Roger

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Congrats Roger! Can't wait to see the pictures!! Smiler

Posts: 9137 | Location: Ventura, Ca. | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Hey Roger!!

Any pictures of your MOD TOP yet???

THE WAIT IS KILLING ME!!!! Razzer

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Bump.. great topic!

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Hi guys,
I saw this little 67 Camaro on eBay number 400167410879. It has been stored for 34 years and is now being sold. The interesting thing I found about this Camaro is it has a original Mod Top. This one has the Houndstooth pattern on it. Still the original top too! Super cool! I think the most rare thing on this Camaro is the Mod Top! You couldn't replace it if you wanted to. Good luck finding one!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tom D,

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Here is another shot of it! Way cool! You never see this stuff out on the street or shows. This is the first time I saw one on eBay. It looks to be original paint too! Tony check this top out man!!! yea Big Grin AWESOME!

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post