Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Lounge    1967 Mod Tops!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1967 Mod Tops!
 Login/Join

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Hey Tony,
Not only is it a Mod Top, but look at that Mod Stripe on the nose! Big Grin Eeker

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Tom!!

Time and time again you prove to me that you got the EYE BALL!!!! Big Grin

I didn't even notice it!!!

The Mod Package!!!! Wink

Posts: 9137 | Location: Ventura, Ca. | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Tony,
I don't know how you could have missed it. You see lots of other things we don't. Wink

Were the nose stripes a decal so they matched the top? That would be a lot of work to reproduce by hand.

I wished the picture would have been bigger.
What a cool shot!

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know how you could have missed it. You see lots of other things we don't.

I would like to believe if it had a blue nose stripe, that I would of noticed every detail!!

I float in and out of our site as the emails come in. I don't always spend the proper time on each post! Frowner

Posts: 9137 | Location: Ventura, Ca. | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<rogerh>
posted
Guys I am in the middle of my restoration of my Mod Top Camaro and I have a problem. We couldn't save the original mod top so I went looking on the internet for some material something like it. What you know SMS Auto Fabrics found the exact same material.
Now the problem is who can I get to make it. My local shops told me the seams need to be sealed and they can not do it. Can anyone give me the name of some place that still make vinyl tops?

Roger

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Roger,

I would contact Ricks First Gen. and see if they will tell you who manufactures the tops that they sell...maybe they can do a one off run fro you!???
I'll check with Convertible top guy that has been in the business for 100 years as well....
Good luck!

2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Roger,

On your original top, the seams on the roof top were the heat sealed type, but what about on the tail between the rear window and the panel that butts up to the deck lid? Were the tail piece seams also heat sealed welded, or were they wrapped, folded and glued? I remembered the tops after you posted your thread, but only vaguely. Yours is a very unique car, glad to see you're restoring it. Cheers

Posts: 2961 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Yes. call the co. that makes the replacement Camaro vinyl tops.. Theyll do it for sure I bet

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<rogerh>
posted
On the old top there was no top material between the trunk led and the rear window.
On the old top there was some welting that went from the lower corner of the quarter window to the lower corner of the rear window. It was just like the pictures in the earlier post of this thread. On the replacement top I hope to have it made like the factory tops with the material around the rear window.
After talking a little more with SMS Auto they told me they know of some one to make the top.
As always guys thanks for all of your great input.
Roger

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Good luck on the project!!!

Post some pictures when you get a chance!

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Check this little spot out!
This was originally in the December 26 1966 Automotive News.

Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
Matching the car to the chick is GENIUS first

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13409 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<1967Z28>
posted
I think this car may be the 25th Z-28 built, which was in fact shipped to Jim Funston Chevrolet. Notice the snow on the ground? This suggests a January-February timeframe. On the side it looks like it may say "Kar Topper". Lots of interesting stuff like body color rally wheels, gold line tires instead of the usual redlines, & white stripes when they should be black. I see shoulder belts too. Pretty cool but wonder what happened to it.

-Jon

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Good God!!!!

Jon!

That's a Mod Top Z28?????? Eeker Eeker

<1967Z28>
posted
Tony,

Yes, I believe it is! Doggone amazing!

-Jon