Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Lounge    1967 Mod Tops!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1967 Mod Tops!
 Login/Join

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Here is the oddest out them all!

How about this car's tag????

I believe this is your complete MOD Camaro ...Top and all!

Posts: 9137 | Location: Ventura, Ca. | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Anyone know who this guy is??

Posts: 9137 | Location: Ventura, Ca. | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Tony,
Can you tell in your actual photo what the emblem is on the front fender, above the Camaro emblem? That would be on the car with the sidepipes in the photo a couple pictures back.

Posts: 2961 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Steve!

I'm afraid I can't make it out!

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
I thought this was kind of interesting. This is the 1968 order form for the Mod Tops.
Note, on the bottom you can see the list of colors for the Bumble Bee Stripes that were discontinued.
It looks like the car with the possible Blue Strip above may have been TEAL.

<Larry C Weaver>
posted
I just puked!yuk! Eeker
Duh Weave

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom McGinnity
posted Hide Post
This post is easily a top ten non IPC related topic... AWESOME!!!!

tom @ camaropacecars.com ( remove the space between m,@,c)

Posts: 13405 | Location: Arlington Mass | Registered: 01 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Tony,
Very cool pictures!
Do you know what other accessories came on a Mod Top Camaro? Was it just the top? In these last three pictures the Camaro also has the side pipes. Was that part of the Mod Top package? Wouldn't be cool to find a Mod Top convertible? Eeker

Posts: 2064 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wouldn't be cool to find a Mod Top convertible?

I have never seen any pictures of some wacky rag tops.
The picture of that Mod Drop Top above seems to show the car with a Euro Style Cloth like type.
I'm pretty sure the side piping was out of the AMT Catalog.
Something,once again, that has been lost in time!

2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Tony & Tom D,
You guys are out there where all this started and happened, so it's probably up to you to restore a drop top in the "Mod" format. Eeker I am looking forward to seeing the progress on the car along the way...... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Wink Steve

Posts: 2961 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Tony,
You're pretty much the Rag Top King when it comes to old AD's, and wacky accessories for rag tops. Big Grin You find some pretty weird, but fun stuff to look at. Any chance of finding a "Mod Squad" Mod Drop Top? Wink

Posts: 2064 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967 RS SS:
Tony & Tom D,
You guys are out there where all this started and happened, so it's probably up to you to restore a drop top in the "Mod" format. Eeker I am looking forward to seeing the progress on the car along the way...... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Wink Steve

Steve,
It would be cool to make a wild Mod Top Camaro convertible with Mod graphics like the one Tony posted. Big Grin Imagine the looks you would get from people, especially other Camaro owners! Eeker Big Grin

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
The AMT Catalog.

I believe this puppy will speak for itself.

Chevrolet always had tie ins to other promotions when remotely similar. The Mod Tops seems to have been connected to the AMT Custom Your Camaro program through something called THE HUGGER MONTH.
The paper work that I have is from 1968 but it references the 1967 program.

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
I have seen the remains of some of these cars over the years.
However, I never knew what to make of them....
The AMT parts...I can tell you were seen around these parts ... but none to my knowledge still exist!

Here is the order form that lists what they offer.

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Inside cover of Catalog.