Camaro Pace Car Merchandise is now available !!

Support Camaro Pace Cars .com

Camaro Pace Cars .Com    My Forum Home Page    All Years Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  1967 Pace Car  Hop To Forums  1967 Lounge    Some cowl tags are better than sex...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 24
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some cowl tags are better than sex...
 Login/Join

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
My car also built very close 02A and also in Black but from LOS. I had often wondered if these type of cars were purpose built for a large show or something???

Posts: 2766 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Uh oh I want that car! perfect color combo and all the good stuff How ya been feelin lately Steve? Bad cough....dizzy spells or anything of that nature? Look both ways before you cross the street

Pat,
I did some chest pains just the other day. Smiler Thanks for the comments...Steve

Posts: 2961 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
quote:
How about the busiest Pacecar tag? never thought to look for that... Probably an LA car with the codes and such

Results are in!

According to our registry, or at least my copy, the busiest cowl breakdown results are!!!!
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ Big Grin

Van Nuys Built Cars: There are two that we have data on that have 9 Cowl Tag Coded options This is the top number for Van Nuys.

Festival Cars: There is only one car that has 9 Cowl Tag coded options, and to my surprise, it is yours truly's Big Block Eeker Smiler

And the Winner is.........................

Norwood Built: C-1 Car with 10 Cowl Tag coded options.

I can only provide a picture of my tag, I don't have any of the others.

Posts: 9137 | Location: Ventura, Ca. | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2009 Supporter
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
quote:
My car also built very close 02A and also in Black but from LOS. I had often wondered if these type of cars were purpose built for a large show or something???

Geoff,
Did you buy this car aboout a year ago in the Atlanta Ga. area? Also, I should have your information Sunday...Steve

Posts: 2961 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
Steve - As far as I know my car is an original CA Black plate car which has been in the LA area its entire life. I purchased it back in June 06 in CA.

Posts: 2766 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Dave Bates>
posted
After looking at these high option cowl tags I was wondering ...are there any pace cars out there with headrests or power windows?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Dave Bates>
posted
Never mind Da Weave tells me no.

Victory Lane
Picture of Ed F
posted Hide Post
Good question Dave. Don't guess I know of a single car with either pwr windows or headrests. Then I get to thinking, here Chevrolet is debuting their "NEW" pacesetter. One would think they would have loaded up the options on some of the festival cars since they were going to be getting a lot of PR. Seems like the C-1 cars maybe wound up with a few more options, but heck, only a handful of the total with AC. Go figure.

Posts: 733 | Location: Sooner Country, Oklahoma | Registered: 28 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Dave Bates>
posted
Geoff, are you going to be at Carlisle?

<Dave Bates>
posted
Ed that's kinda where my line of thought was.I was curious did any weird/rare options make it onto any pace cars?

<Dave Bates>
posted
I could have sworn that at a show I attended years ago I saw a pacer with an eight track. Who knows, maybe it was owner added.

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Tom, throw your TT up here too!!!

Hi Pat,
Here you go. I know mine is not as heavily optioned as those shown earlier, but I thought it was still nicely optioned Camaro.

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know mine is not as heavily optioned as those shown earlier,

YEAH RIGHT!!!

That sure is a dog! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Tom, I think you must be the modest one! That's nine coded options minus the fact that it's Rag Top!
I would of taken that JANE any day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 9137 | Location: Ventura, Ca. | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Victory Lane
posted Hide Post
quote:
...are there any pace cars out there with headrests or power windows?

There is supposed to be a L78 C-1 Norwwod Pace car with Headrests but the owner has never shared his tag or VIN with anyone so we can't confirm it.

Supporter 2009
Victory Lane
Picture of Tom D
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tony!
When I first saw this trim tag on my car I was shocked. Having headrest seats and all the power options really sealed the deal for me, not to mention the rag top and big block option too. Big Grin

Those loaded tirm tags at the beginning of this thread are just "out of this world". Eeker I never seen anything like that before. It is way cool to see.

Posts: 2069 | Location: Sacramento/Auburn area, CA | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post